Hertz Platinum

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by cgrooms, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cgrooms
    Original Member

cgrooms Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone with info on how to get into this program? Friend has it, said via corporate relationship. Is that the only way? How can I sign my company up for this? I'm told you book a full-size and are guaranteed best car on lot. Driver picks you up at curbside, no trip back to rental facility. On return you go to facility, driver takes you back to curbside at terminal. Very nice features.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. FlyinHawaiian
    Original Member

FlyinHawaiian Silver Member

Status Points:
    When the program was first implemented over 15 years ago, it was invitation-only. At the time, it was joked that to get an invite, you had to be a friend of Frank Olsen, the CEO of The Hertz Corporation.

A few years ago, it was opened up to those willing to pay an annual fee. If you have a corporate sales rep at Hertz, you might be able to negotiate Platinum status for a few of your execs, based on your annual spend. FWIW, the original Platinum members are exempt from this fee and it appears to be a "for life" program.

The main benefits are as you describe it above, although we had to fight with the MIA location a few weeks ago to get the automatic upgrade. I think it's one of the best top-elite programs out there.

3. cgrooms
    Original Member

cgrooms Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thank you. My friend never pays for this. Maybe his old company still gets billed directly and they haven't audited it yet! Appreciate the link, very helpful.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can buy it for like $1200 as a PC or get it through a corperate contract and I think you need to spend $250,000 for one Platinum membership.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. EYK
    Original Member

EYK Active Member

Status Points:
    I heard a rumor from the Manager at the local HLE that if a plat complains at a corporate location, the whole location looses their bonuses for the month. !?
    Iv'e also witnessed the staff at LAX go totally nuts over a plat, the manager open a new station and was waiting till the plat walked in was quite a site to see them rushing around like that.

6. cgrooms
    Original Member

cgrooms Silver Member

Status Points:
    I heard that the value in Europe is limited as most facilities are at the terminal. Therefore the pickup/drop off feature is not in play.

7. FlyinHawaiian
    Original Member

FlyinHawaiian Silver Member

Status Points:
    There have been a few times that for one reason or another, the reservation wasn't properly handled. I remember on time in YVR, they failed to meet us at the terminal so we went over to the lot. Once the manager found out what had happened, we were offered our pick of any car on the lot. I picked a Mustang convertable.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been very lucky as a pres circle on upgrades from compact cars. Just knowing the staff and asking for what you want other than the high end prestige cars. Only thing that appeals to me with plat is the free pick up and drop off the car within a 60 miles radius. I get the 4 hour grace period with my cdp already.

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. mrpickles
    Original Member

mrpickles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Here is another option for upgrading your level:

Upgrade to Hertz #1 Club Gold® President’s Circle®
    [​IMG]
    Here’s your opportunity to enjoy an exclusive level of service and reap rewards normally reserved for members who qualify for Hertz #1 Club Gold® President’s Circle® status.
    President Circle membership can be obtained by current Gold members for $450 or by current Five Star members for $250.

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. Cd
    What Cdp gives you a four hr grace period? Thanks

11. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would not pay for President's Circle. It is not really worth it. Nice to have, but not worth $250

12. Quiet Lion
    Original Member

Quiet Lion Silver Member

Status Points:
    President's Circle is barely better than five star. Platinum is head and shoulders above.

QL

13. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you have people skills you may get nicer cars no matter what your status is .This goes with airlines and hotels as well. Some people will never learn.

14. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is true. Then again, all agents love me, yet as a 5*, I would still consistently pay an upgrade fee to get into a Prestige Collection car.

15. sithlord
    Original Member

sithlord Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you pay an upgrade fee you still get unlimited miles ,even on corvette!

flagstaff likes this.
  16. briantoronto
    Original Member

briantoronto Gold Member

Status Points:
    And Plat members get more than just that...It is not for me, but I see the allure...

17. Christian Martinez
    Original Member

Christian Martinez Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never paid a upgrade fee as the shiny..

18. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like PC, but the Platinum cost is simply too high IMO. I usually get 3-4 class upgrades, sometimes only one. I also seem to get fairly cheap large upgrades too from time to time. MY CDP always gets free miles and CDW, as well as cheap fuel so I already have everything I want. I can understand the advantage of Platinum for some people, though.

19. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Let's just say if they would offer the Plat upgrade to Euro, I would take it.....

20. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really can't understand the complete difference between platinum and PCs, because for bein a PC member I also get Pickup/Drop-off, they never said no to me!!! And the upgrades are awesome, including when you make a reservation on a prestige collection they let you choose the car you want!!! Nothing to complain about Hertz!!! They offer great coupons savings and discount often!!! I'm very happy with it!!!