Hertz offering FREE e-receipts

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Jun 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recieved this email from Hertz:

As a member of our award-winning Gold Plus Rewards program, you know that you get the best service from Hertz. And now it just got better.

I am pleased to introduce a fantastic new service that you will now receive:
    - eReceipts : at the end of your rental, get your receipt sent straight to your email inbox.

No more paper, no more fuss.

Beginning at the end of June 2012, you will start to received this new service by email for FREE on all of your future rentals.

Woohoo -- FREE eReceipts. :)

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Avis has been doing that for ages. I have also received Hertz receipts by email, and it was pretty easy to look them up online.

uggboy likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems more free for Hertz than for you. Are paper receipts even going to be an option? Sounds like a polite way to say they're forcing it on you.

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were offering this last year, but you had to sign up for it on your account profile.

What's strange is that Mrs. Flier got the following email from Hertz this morning for a totally different "new" service:

I am pleased to introduce a fantastic new service that you will now receive:
    Carfirmations TM: know the car you will be driving and where it is parked before you arrive. Your Mobile Gold Alert message is sent by email straight to your inbox and viewable on your mobile phone. (Also available by text message)

Beginning at the end of June 2012, you will start to received this new service by email for FREE on all of your future rentals.​

5. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    National has also been doing this for quite some time. As a matter of fact, as soon as I return a car at national, I almost immediately get my email receipt on my phone...

6. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey, did you know that Hertz also offers a FREE website where you can make reservations too? ;)

7. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have been receiving e-receipts for almost a year.. maybe even more

8. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been getting carfirmations for a month or so. Last night I texted my wife (who was in flight and not familiar with it) that her car would be in stall 324 when she arrived. She replied that I am getting more and more creepy :D

Really? When did they start that? I have always driven to my local travel agent to book cars.

arkleseizure and SC Flier like this.