Hertz Launches Enhanced Car Rental Loyalty Program

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by sobore, Jan 31, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://business.scoop.co.nz/2014/01/31/hertz-launches-enhanced-car-rental-loyalty-program/

As part of a continued effort to provide the world’s most rewarding car rental experience, Hertz has upgraded its industry-leading Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program. With enhanced Gold Plus Rewards, members can now enjoy easier status, faster rentals and more rewards.

“We will always strive to exceed the expectations of our loyal Gold Plus Rewards members to offer a valuable car rental experience at every touch point,” said Chris Rusden, Regional Vice President, Hertz Australia and New Zealand. “These enhancements have come about after an extensive evaluation of the Gold Plus Rewards program, and we’re pleased to now offer faster rentals, speedier service and quicker enrollment than ever before.”

Hertz has lowered the rental thresholds required to achieve and retain status in its elite tiers. It now requires only seven rentals to qualify for Five Star® and 20 rentals for President’s Circle®. In addition, Hertz is the only rental car company that upgrades its members monthly instead of the industry standard of annual upgrades. This helps Hertz to reward its most valuable customers by making it easier for Gold members to move up in status and enjoy additional benefits.

Read More: http://business.scoop.co.nz/2014/01/31/hertz-launches-enhanced-car-rental-loyalty-program/

2. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed...my status has been upgraded to Presidents Circle already.

sobore likes this.
  3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Mine was renewed as well. Odd that card expires on dec 31 when they don't send creds to feb.

4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pres Circle last year was ok, but not great. Upgrades are very weak compared to Avis Pres Club.

I've not had Hertz Platinum to compare it to, but I find the Plat's offer of a 6 hr return grace period to be intriguing. Supposedly renting with the Amex Platinum card's CDP is supposed to offer similar benefits - 4 hrs I believe.

Hertz GP Points are a mixed bag. Approx 15 rental days @ $50-70/day or so a day earns nearly 3 free "saver" days for me with the Pres Circle 25% bonus combined with the 675 point bonus after 15 rental days. The points are more flexible compared to Avis certz that are 2 day rental, weekend only on specific class or National's cert class limitations. It is nice to be able to get a MBZ or BMW if I want one - for inflated points.

Biggest beefs are that I can rarely get free rentals at the saver level - they are almost always anytime rates which are a rip.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  5. wesleyandrews

wesleyandrews New Member

Status Points:
    I have been a member of the rewards program at Hertz for 2 years now have had my fair share of issues, my latest one has left me fairly annoyed at the company. Why does Hertz only allow points to be transferred between spouses or domestic partners? I wanted to get my father a rental car when he came to my area but Hertz would not allow me to just give him the points, if I earn then why can I not spend them or gift them if I so choose?

6. John Deere

John Deere Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why not rent and then add your father to the contract?