Hertz Introduces Porsche Sports Cars Into Its U.S. Fleet

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by sobore, Jul 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.execdigital.com/press_releases/hertz-introduces-porsche-sports-cars-into-its-us-fleet

The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ) announces that it has become the first U.S. car rental company to purchase vehicles from Porsche, and will be the first major car rental company in the U.S. to rent Porsche sports cars. Through its relationship with Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA) and Porsche Motorsport North America, Inc. (PMNA), Hertz is enabling consumers in select markets to rent a limited number of Panamera sport sedans as part of the Hertz Prestige Collection, a line of high-end cars which transform an ordinary business or leisure trip into an extraordinary journey.

Read More: http://www.execdigital.com/press_releases/hertz-introduces-porsche-sports-cars-into-its-us-fleet

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Where is my Bentley!:)

Gargoyle and viguera like this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Panamera is the one Porsche I don't want to drive. Where's the 911? The Carrera?

4. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Finally... a car I would want to try out from the Prestige collection. Not that a Mercedes E class is bad.... just not something that I would care to blow my points on renting just for the heck of it.

Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  5. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Balding, middle-aged, middle-managers everywhere are cheering right now......

Oh wait, damn. Nevermind, just rememberd I'm 40, balding and a middle manager.

Agree about the Panamera however, would much rather drive a 911. Even better would be an Aston Martin DB9.

Scottrick, Gargoyle, NYBanker and 3 others like this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't knock the Panamera though... Porsche little rocket cars are fun to drive, but their big hulking ones are actually quite surprising. When I was younger and crazier and didn't care so much about depreciation (read: not that long ago) I almost purchased a Cayenne immediately after a test drive, just based on how it drove. The Panamera only looks like a whale, but when you ask it to go it has no problems hiking up its skirt and getting on the move.

Granted, chances are you'll only see the "measly" entry level 300hp Panamera in the rental aisles (and hopefully they won't be abused too bad) but it's still a nice luxury boat with plenty of power.

edekba, Gargoyle, NYBanker and 3 others like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ditto! +1:)

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My boss has a Panamera and it really is a sweet ride.

viguera, uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  9. myskyconnections

myskyconnections Active Member

Status Points:
    and where will the car be driven to its full speed potential? on 280? or 101? or i5? mmmmhhhh....

uggboy and Gargoyle like this.
  10. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The only one you don't want to drive? What about the 914 skateboard. :D

Scottrick likes this.
  11. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm just waiting for someone to explain to me that the impala is an upgrade to the panamera because the impala has more interior room.

Fyaric likes this.