Hertz Gold Choice

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by jbcarioca, Jan 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just received an announcement of Hertz Gold Choice, which seems to be a close mimic of the longstanding National Emerald Aisle. They say one can pick any car one wants, and that PC will always have a one class upgrade (not always true when renting conventionally despite assurances).

Has anyone already used this? I will not have a Hertz rental until the 9th, but I'll try it at MIA then.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many places it seems if you look at the FT link...just hope it does not come to Europe.....

TAHKUCT and jbcarioca like this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I rented yesterday in MIA and saw no sign of it. I was a bit too busy so i did not ask anybody about it either.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  6. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rented over New Years at MCO and also no sign of Hertz Gold Choice. Actually even my name was not on the board because they were fully committed for that day.

jbcarioca likes this.
  7. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    At DCA it's great lately.

I rent 4-day weekends most weeks and lately for mid-size price I've gotten Sonatas, Malibus, Impalas, LaCrosses and even a Mustang all with Sirrius, Neverlost and sunroofs etc.

Gaucho and jbcarioca like this.
  8. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice !!

jbcarioca likes this.
  9. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    My last rental, el cheapo rate at MIS, gave me a Sonata with Neverlost and Sirius. Because of a very minor defect (a mirror adjustment was broken) the agent comped me fuel and lowered my two-day rental to one day. I did not ask for anything at all, in fact I just told of the needed repair and said it really had not bothered me because i adjusted the mirror manually.

I was surprised. I am PC.

10. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it that bad at Hertz where you consider Malibus, Impalas etc to be great? To be honest I'm tremendously disappointed when I end up with either at National - normally those are the sorts of cars available to base emerald club members (depending on equipment, of course).

To give a more balanced view, other than cars with integrated GPS, GPS is added-charge at National.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was at MCO in December, they had a Hertz Gold Choice row? No one around to explain what the heck it was though and I couldn't be bothered with testing out taking a car to the checkout booth to test it.

TAHKUCT and jbcarioca like this.
  12. tassojunior
    Original Member

tassojunior Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Malibus and Impalas were all top-of-the line- ie full leather, sunroofs, heated seats, free sirrius, and free NeverLost etc. Of course the Mustangs, LaCrosses, Sonatas and even a Volvo S80 on Gold Choice were better.

jbcarioca likes this.
  13. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    That sounds pretty reasonable - probably still not my first choice, but a definite upgrade over what was reserved.

Does it look that Hertz is moving more toward this model? Theoretically it could offer the best of both worlds and let them target very attractive upgrades to valued customers while also offering the choice and flexibility of self-upgrading, but the promised benefits for Hertz elite levels are so weak (one car class, capped at premium, and only guaranteed if you rent 40 times a year?) that an attractive gold choice program would overwhelm their traditional offerings and benefits without a revamp.

jbcarioca likes this.
  14. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did not see it. They barely had any cars available. ;)

jbcarioca likes this.