Hertz #1 Awards is now Hertz Gold Plus Awards

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by SC Flier, Jun 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    A big change: points don't expire anymore as long as you have activity every 24 months. There's a bonus promo out. Registration required for the promo. From the email:

The value of Gold just went up for Hertz #1 Club Gold® members like you. That's because Hertz #1 Awards® is now Hertz Gold Plus Rewards™, and the benefits begin with a fantastic offer: receive 500 Bonus Points right away, enough for a Free Weekend Day, plus earn 100 Bonus Points* for every rental day July 1 through September 30, 2011.​

Register for the promotion now.​

New Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is the faster, easier way to earn points on every rental—good for Free Days, Free Weeks and more. Any points you currently have in #1 Awards will go directly into the new program. You can redeem on www.Hertz.com anytime. Your points don't expire** any more, and there are rewards with no blackout dates. It's what puts the "Plus" in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards!​

*Bonus Points are in addition to the base points that you can earn on every rental.​
    **Points do not expire as long as you have any Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program activity every 24 months.

You must register with a valid Hertz Gold membership number to participate in this promotion. 500 Bonus Points will be provided to member's account after successfully registering for the promotion, enough points to redeem for a free standard Weekend Rental Day. Standard weekend rewards may not be available in all cities or all dates. Only rentals made after the date that the member registers will qualify for the "100 Bonus Points per rental day" portion of this promotion, during the promotional period of July 1 – September 30, 2011. No Bonus Points will be awarded on partial days; only full days will qualify. Offer valid to U.S. and Canada residents only, for rentals at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Puerto Rico and U.S.V.I. Bonus Points earned during this promotion are not eligible for any additional or tier bonuses. Advance reservations required. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. The Gold Plus Rewards program awards members 1 point per qualifying U.S. dollar. Offer has no cash value and cannot be used with Pre-Pay Rates, Tour Rates, Insurance Replacement Rates or any other promotion other than your CDP#. Standard rental qualifications and return restrictions apply. Minimum age for this offer is 21 and age differential charges may apply. Bonus Points will be placed in member's account up to 4 weeks from rental return. All Gold Plus Rewards Program terms apply; go to www.HertzGoldPlusRewards.com for Program Terms and Conditions.

2. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Didn't realize they improved the program also with points that don't expire with continued business. Good news and very much appreciated.

Just signed up for the promotion and looking forward to building up a few extra rental days.

jbcarioca and SC Flier like this.
  3. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. The expiration of points was a concern with buying them in the Discover America promos. I might be a little more particular about how I use them now that I have less concern about them expiring.

I can't say that I really understand the point of the name change for the awards, though. I do like that an award chart is now easier to find, though. (When the hertz.com site isn't imploding like it has been for much of today.)

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even know they had an expiration policy. I have had 600 points in my account for at least 1 1/2 years. Don't even know how I got them -- one day they were there... maybe a bonus for renting a certain number of times in a year? I only recently decided to switch from airline points earnings to Hertz points since all my frequent flyer accounts are "bumped up" for at least another year with those 50 mile credits from rentals or other sources.

I always found their program confusing, both naming-wise and benefits-wise. And their website didn't exactly help. When I looked yesterday, it seemed the renaming was still a major work in progress.

But I'll gladly take the 500 points :)

5. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to make a reservation when the website doesn't load.

6. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I called Hertz today and they said it takes 4-5 days for the 500 points to post to the account.

7. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks dc3. I was thinking my registration didn't work.

jbcarioca likes this.
  8. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone received their points? Its been a week since sc flier posted and I registered that day.

jbcarioca, SC Flier and Chimpy like this.
  9. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not I. :(

If I try to re-register, it says, "The Hertz #1 Club Gold member number you entered is already registered."

jbcarioca likes this.
  10. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! Lets hope they can correct this. Maybe they were overwhelmed with the demand.

jbcarioca likes this.
  11. ACEDAD
    Original Member

ACEDAD Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not yet.

jbcarioca likes this.
  12. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    You mean from between the folks here and over on Flyertalk ;)

canucklehead likes this.
  13. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    not to mention all the friends and family I told!!!

wombat18, jbcarioca and goalie like this.
  14. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or maybe they were overwhelmed with their website that was crashing on the day that it was announced.

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They did say 4-5 days, but I have yet to see my points. Maybe the excuse this time is the long July 4th holiday weekend.

16. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    No points yet either. You know, there's something to be said for "under promise and over deliver". Why say 4-5 days if you really mean "a few weeks"? Why not just say "a few weeks" to start with and then when you get it done in less than a week, everyone's happy?

lili likes this.
  17. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was at the bottom of the page that you sign up on:

*Bonus points are in addition to the base points that you can earn on every rental. 500 Registration Bonus Points will be placed in member's account up to 4 weeks after registration. 100 Bonus Points will be placed in member's account up to 4 weeks from rental return.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  18. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Check your accounts as my 500 points has posted.....

goalie, lili and eponymous_coward like this.
  19. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    They have indeed.

20. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are there! Good promo.

21. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up-posted for me as well :)

22. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There they are...

23. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    just registered today, looks like offer extended, and deadline now for rental in December
    thanks