Here is my trip I am doing it in 4 days - Washington NYC and Orlando

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by adamefimoff2, May 2, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. adamefimoff2

adamefimoff2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please see my route.

Attached Files:

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks detailed. Washington DC has lots of good food, including high end, browse around the Washington Post food section for ideas:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/food/
    And the food reporters area:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/tom-sietsema
    He writes about Roses Luxury all the time, its a no reservation place, so you have to go early and wait in line, but people who eat out seem to like it.

DC would be a good place for an evening (or daytime) Segway or bike tour.

The Pentagon City Mall is on the metro and is mobbed all the time with visitors stopping by on Buses (i.e. school groups). It has Nordstrom's, Macys, Apple Store etc.. Or you could go out to Tyson's Mall on the metro which is higher end (Bloomingdale's and Apples Store) but has two malls/buildings (Tysons I and II) that are far from each other, but maybe they have a shuttle.

Otherwise I feel sorry for you for the number of domestic flights. Keep an eye out for flight changes, if you have them you might be able to get more direct flights from Delta.

3. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    yes there are alot but wanted to see three cities

4. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also - be prepared/aware that Delta does not have true premium economy. DL Codeshares operated by VA would have premium economy, but domestic "comfort plus" is coach seating with extra legroom and some snacks and drinks.

The suggestion to watch for a schedule change is a good one - delta may let you change the BWI-DTW-LAX flight to something more convenient. BWI isn't an ideal airport to originate from (and it looks like your flight back originates there). DCA or even IAD would be a lot better. If your fare allows, I'd try to get that change (and get all of your flights in/out of washington from DCA if possible)

And I always like to leave a good measure of unscheduled time for exploration - but that's more of a personal travel style than anything.

5. adamefimoff2

Status Points:
    iolaire likes this.