Here’s Why Hilton HHonors Has Variable Award Pricing Within Each Category

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Apr 30, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Yesterday I had the chance to sit down with Mark Weinstein, Hilton's Global Head of Loyalty & Partnerships. Ultimately I have mid-tier Hilton HHonors status thanks to their co-branded credit card, and I do stay at Hiltons occasionally. While Hyatt and Starwood are my preferred hotel chains, ultimately they can't compete with Hilton in terms of their portfolio. Hilton has about double as many properties as Hyatt and Starwood combined. With that in mind, I recognize that Hilton HHonors doesn't have to be as rewarding as Hyatt Gold Passport and Starwood Preferred Guest. There's a reason the three biggest major hotel chains -- Hilton, IHG, and Marriott -- don't have elite benefits which are as lucrative as the smaller chains. But elite benefits aside, one area I've often criticized Hilton HHonors is with their award chart. Hilton had a huge award chart devaluation in early 2013 (at least as far as aspirational redemptions go), though on paper they haven't devalued the program much since. The post Here’s Why Hilton HHonors Has Variable Award Pricing Within Each Category appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...