HELP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by rain456, Apr 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. rain456

rain456 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone!

Firstly, I love this forum, its always been very helpful. Up until recently I never had the nerve to try anything I read about;however, I am going to india in july and thought I would try to get some miles and use them. I signed up for bluebird and got a credit card. Then I found out you could no longer get the reloads from cvs, but you could still get gift cards. I read you could get a debit gift card that has a pin and load bluebird withthat. I bought a visa gift card that has the present on the fron anf says you just type in a pin the first time you use it. I went to walmart to try and do it and it would not work. It said to enter pin, so I did, but then the pinpad said to enter pin again and had lots of _ _ _ _ things. I tried several time, but it would not work. I went to the cashier and said the machine was down and that i wantef to load my bluebird. She refused to do it(very rudly i might add) abd said walmart stopped doing that awhile ago. No i dont know what to do because i have this gift card for $500 and no way of doing anything with it besides use it to buy things in stores. I believe I can buy a different gift card with it , but i dont know if any of them well work. Any help would be great because I am freaking out.

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    First and foremost, don't freak out just yet. I'm not a Walmart expert as it relates to Vanilla Reloads, but I'm sure you can find solution. Do you have a different Walmart nearby you can try?

satman40 likes this.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Go to Kroger's, or a grocery store and tell the you want to get a MO and pay for it with your debit card, and pay them the 79 cents for the MO, and then swipe the card and enter the pin

Do not let them see the gift card...unless they ask

gconnery and gregm like this.
  4. rain456

rain456 New Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies, and sorry for my late reply. I went to all three walmarts in my area and the moneycenter kiosk would not work for my debit gift card on any of them. I also went to the registered, hide the card with a regular debit card and they still asked to see the card. Luckily i only got one of the cards, so i will just use it till the 500$ is gone. This does, however, mean I dont really have any options to meet my minimums this day.

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call the number on the back of the card and check the balance, and change the PIN to something you'll remember. Make sure the card is valid this way and make sure you've got a working PIN. You probably didn't buy the card you think you bought (e.g. you bought a My Vanilla reloadable not a My Vanilla Gift Card, which doesn't have the same PIN mechanism). Its possible you may have to go to a web site to set the card up if it is a prepaid reloadable. Regardless, figure out the deal with the card before you go to Walmart. Once you know the card has $500 on it for real and you're certain what the PIN is, go back to Walmart. Do NOT go to the MoneyCenter. They'll ask to see your debit card (they want one with your name on it, not a gift card, if they see a gift card they'll refuse) and then they'll run your bank debit card which you don't want them to do. Go to a regular cashier. If the cashier doesn't know how or is surly or whatever, just be nice say thank you and move on. Feel free to try another cashier at the same store if you can go unnoticed. If not go back another time or try a different Walmart.

6. Samit

Samit New Member

Status Points:
    Very informative... Good that people share such information. Wish you all the best rain456.