Help with Venetian Las Vegas

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Jeffrey, Jun 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to be in Las Vegas for a conference in late July that takes place at the Venetian, and I wanted to see what I could do to get the most bang for my buck out of the hotel... From googling, it looks like the Venetian and Palazzo both have a connection to Priority Club, but I'm not clear on what exactly it is. I don't have any PC status, although I do have Hilton Gold, but I'm not entirely clear on whether it would matter in this case. I thought this would be the best place to find someone to help untangle whatever the connection between PC and the Venetian property is, and whether there was anything I could potentially do, in the next month, to help ensure I get a good room. It sounds like Vegas hotels and upgrades and such are a different animal from basically anywhere else, so any suggestions are appreciated. Does booking at a conference rate damage my chances of successfully asking for an upgrade at checkin? In late July, is it more or less likely to be empty enough to expect generosity (mine isn't exactly a blockbuster conference, but I imagine there are others)?

Thanks!

Kalboz likes this.
  2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Venetian and Palazzo are IHG properties. You will earn points for the stay and if you had status you'd be entitled to whatever perks come at that particular level.

The good/bad thing about IHG is that you can just buy your way up to Gold right away by purchasing Ambassador status from Intercontinental at $200.

You can also purchase a Royal Ambassador cert on eBay but that's much more costly, although it does grant you a few extra perks.

I would suggest that whether you purchase status or not at the very least you sign up for all the ongoing promos of you plan to stay there to maximize your earning potential.

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    There is fairly low value from status in Priority Club except from the extra points you will earn on each $ spent and possibility of a room upgrade with Platinum status. You can get this automatically by getting the Priority Club Visa Card from Chase.

Of course, you can pay for Royal Ambassador status and it's possible to get upgrades and better perks but I wouldn't do it as there just aren't that many Intercontinentals where I would realistically stay at to make it worth it.

As far as upgrades go though, every room is a suite, has a nice living room area and is quite comfortable. I don't know that an upgrade would do much for me beyond what is provided as standard.

Just sign up for the account and then look around for the promotions, bonus codes and cash back portals that will get you a bunch more points & cash back rebates for your stay. The PC Visa would be the optional thing that I'd add on because it is well worth the annual fee.

viguera likes this.
  4. mommypoints

mommypoints Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would primarily just be sure to register for any relevant promotions. My parents just did a stay at the Venetian and did very well with stacking promotions/rebates/etc. I would check out priorityclubinsider.com for a comprehensive listing of the available promo codes.

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow nice double post from the mobile app :)

6. lotso-bear
    Original Member

lotso-bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    At the minimum, you should sign up for Priority Club and register for all promos. Depending on what kind of rate this is, and if it's a weekend, it may qualify for this promo that nets a $75 prepaid Mastercard:

Qualifying Room Rates do not include the following reduced room rates: net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Rewards Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, Best Price Guarantee Free Reward rate, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate.

Like the previous posts said, the Venetian entry level room is basically a big junior suite with sitting area. Upgrades tend to be better views or higher floors, but I wouldn't expect too much. The best elite treatment is with the Royal Amb level, where you can get a $100 minibar credit. Honestly, at this hotel, with entry-mid level elite status, I would just be happy to be able to earn points, and maybe leverage early check-in, or late check-out. You can't expect much from a town where the average room rate is $80-100, and plenty of free parking. The best deals in town come from packages that include a dining/spa credit, or waive resort fees.

7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Silver Member

Status Points:

There's not much I can do at this point to get those resort fees waived at Venetian, is there? I've found that I can actually beat the conference rate with a vacation package, but I'm okay with any approach that ends up with a final value as cheap as possible!

8. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also, be aware that the Venetian, Palazzo and Montelucia are InterContinental Alliance resorts. These are the 3 IC in the states that only earn 2,000 points per stay, not 10 points per dollar. Right now, there is a promotion running where you earn 15,000 bonus points after 6 nights at an IC hotel. This can stack with the 1,000 points a night, the stay x nights and earn x promo codes and the $75 rebate.

9. heatherj

heatherj Member

Status Points:
    Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Venetian. Booked a Bella View Suite via a Grazie promo, and then called to connect my PC Plat #. Was upgraded to a Rialto Suite at check in, and provided a 3pm checkout free of charge (checkout is normally 11am). Was able to secure a 6pm checkout for $100. Non plats that I was talking to at the pool were offered a 2pm checkout for that same $100. The Rialto suite was a nice room, but as others have said all of the rooms are junior suites anyhow. The Rialto is bigger, but most of the extra space is not real usable - like a marble foyer and an oddly angled bedroom. Very appreciated, but I wouldn't be upset if next time I was unable to get the upgrade. Resort fees were $20 a night, which included internet... which quite honestly, was almost unusable it was so so slow.