Help with UA award routing (attempt at stop over and open jaw)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by DAS02135, Dec 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We currently have

BOS - MUC - SIN -- stop over -- SIN-BKK and then a return of BKK - FRA -BOS

We also want to go to Koh Samui, and I'm wondering if there's a way to use the open jaw allowance to get 1/2 of that trip covered by the award. I'm having trouble understanding on the United website what the rules are for a trip with both a stop over and open jaw, and I'm looking for help.

Is it legal to do something like

BOS - MUC - SIN -- stop over -- SIN - BKK - USM -- open jaw -- and then the original return of BKK - FRA - BOS?

guberif likes this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're allowed to do it like this.

BOS-SIN // SIN-USM // BKK-BOS

Singapore being the stopover to USM and double openjaw out of Bangkok to Boston.

Your itinerary looks fine since you are only crossing the Atlantic not the Pacific also.

You'd be better off with an Air Asia ticket for the USM to BKK portion as it's much cheaper than using 12,500 UA Miles for such a short intra-Thailand flight.

3. DAS02135
    Original Member

DAS02135 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My girlfriend's flight would end up being BOS - FRA - BKK - SIN // SIN - BKK - USM // BKK - FRA - BOS. Any issues with her touching BKK 3 times?

4. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As long as the connections in BKK are not more than 23:59 hours then you are good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

Wandering Aramean likes this.