Help with Last minute booking airfare with points

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by MeeToo, Dec 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MeeToo

MeeToo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a trip planned with Southwest from SAT to ELP leaving Dec 26 and returning Dec 30.
    Now at the last minute, I need to get another person booked. I am out of Southwest points.

I have UR points, 57k. Is this the one where you can get reimbursed for spending on travel? I tried the book travel option thru UR but Southwest wasnt an option. I'd really like to get us on the same flight, but if I have to do something different, I guess I'll just have to.

In the meantime, I'm looking at burning some other miles. AA or BA, United, US Air, CO and Delta. I don't want to spend cash.
    Any input/advice?

Cheers!

Jodi

2. MeeToo

MeeToo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ahhh....never mind...the deal has already changed again...Ticket not needed.

Merry Christmas anyway!

3. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For future reference, you cannot use your Chase UR points as cash to buy Southwest tickets because you have to go through Southwest.com to buy their fares.

In a couple of weeks, you'll be able to transfer Chase UR points to Southwest points (I think starting 1/5/2012).