Help with flight for Honeymoon at Park Hyatt Maldives

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by traegerjm, May 18, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. traegerjm

traegerjm New Member

Status Points:
    Hi all! I am relatively new to traveling with miles however i have accrued some good miles in the past 6 months for this honeymoon trip. I have enough for 7 free nights at the Park Hyatt Maldives which I am certain is where I want to go since there is no Hyatt in Tahiti which I know is easier to get too. So now I am simply left trying to book a flight. I have 180k delta skymiles which I know could get me to MLE through LHR and Moscow connections but I was wondering if there was anyway to fly on China Southern's new A380 or Korean Air's A380 however I can't seem to find any award availability on either carrier. The only other possible option is flying Cathay Pacific through AA miles but I only have 55k AA miles and 61k TY points. Any suggestions on how to get to MLE or should I just stick with the basic delta flight that their website is giving me? My main qualm is that there are 960$ in fees for the delta flight connecting through london and moscow that I would like to avoid however every delta flight I pull up has me connecting through moscow to MLE like there is no other way in the world to get there which I know isn't true.

2. thefitworldtraveler
    Original Member

thefitworldtraveler Silver Member

Status Points:
    China southern flies from CAN to MLE on certain days of the week, you can search from JFK or LAX to CAN then onward to MLE. I'm not quite sure how much the mileage requirement will be. There will be fuel surcharges.

You'll have to search Expert Flyer for space. If you're looking for two seats, 180k is definitely not going to be enough in J.