Help with Diamond challenge question

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by brucewil, Oct 26, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have upcoming plans for a few stays at Hyatt properties within a 60 day timeframe. 1 stay will be using my suite upgrade certificate from the Chase Hyatt card. I will be staying 4-5 nights on the first stay. I also have planned on the same trip 3 nights at an Andaz property. There I will have two Free nights and 1 paid night. I have another trip planned where I will have two rooms each for 3 nights, all paid nights. Now for my question. I am a Diamond with Hilton strictly through credit card spend. Can I call Hyatt and ask for a Diamond challenge and do I have enough nights with the above scenario?

2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    So do I have enough nights? In other words, do the free night stays count as nights and do I get 6 nights or 3 nights for the two room stay?

4. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt free nights count.
    I don't know if you'll get 6 or 3 sorry.
    But either way 5 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 12 nights.

miles and smiles likes this.
  5. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi brucewil!

The free nights will not count towards the total that you need in the Diamond challenge. The 12 nights must be paid, eligible nights per the T&C of the challenge. If you have any further questions, feel free to message us!

-Nick

edekba and Jimgotkp like this.
  6. brucewil

brucewil Silver Member

Status Points:
    So do I get 6 nights or 3 nights for the two room stay? I am paying for two rooms for 3 nights under the circumstances I described, will all those nights be enough to meet the challenge?

7. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    Hi brucewil,

We'll have to see how the stay posts to your account from the hotel, and work from there. More times than not, since you're booking 2 rooms you'll still receive the night credit, but it depends on how it's posted. Once the stay is completed, feel free to direct message us, and we can look into it.

-Nick