Help with booking Intra Polynesia flights

Discussion in 'Australia/New Zealand/South Pacific' started by Theweeklyflyer, Mar 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Theweeklyflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are any of you know of a travel agent that can help me book intra island flights in French Polynesia? I am in desperate need of help.

I'm looking for the following for 2 people:

MOZ - (PPT - optional) - BOB - May 20th
    BOB - PPT - May 27th

I'm having issues with the Air Tahiti not accepting my banks credit card and now the reservations are unable to be confirmed. The MOZ-PPT flights appear to be sold out or held under my reservations that I can't book. My only option is seems from their site now is to take the ferry to PPT from MOZ then fly to BOB from there.

I'm concerned if I continue to wait that the other flights will sell out.

Appreciate any help with a travel agent or other tip to get these flights booked.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    I'm a little bit confused. You mentioned MOZ-PPT being the problem but don't mention when you're looking to fly MOZ-PPT, listing only MOZ-BOB-PPT.

Travelocity can book French Polynesia domestic flights on Air Tahiti (VT).

When I booked my own PPT-BOB flights I actually had Randy's shop do it, I don't think he offers the service but BoardingArea.com used ot actually be a travel agency. (I also had him issue tickets for a KQ intra-Africa flight for me, back when KQ tickets were handwritten paper, KQ didn't accept credit cards, and if you bought directly form the airline they wanted you to mail in a check and they would wait for the check to clear before sending you itckets.. hah! An agency they at least wouldn't wait for the check to clear on :) ).

PPT-MOZ is not a big deal by ferry though of course it makes it less convenient to connect straight on from an arriving international flight.

Theweeklyflyer likes this.
  3. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks on the Travelocity tip Gary. Confirmed that there are still two flights available from MOZ to PPT (MOZ to BOB flight is sold out), one around 7 AM and the other around 6 PM.

I think with those options, I'll end up taking the ferry back to PPT then hopping a segment from PPT to BOB.

gleff likes this.
  4. Theweeklyflyer
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I was able to finally book a flight. Appears the first trouble I had was due to their site not accepting amex while saying that they do. I re-booked with Mastercard and all is well.​
    Now on to booking dinner reservations..:)