Help with Award Wallet

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by iamamy, Jan 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. iamamy

iamamy Member

Status Points:
    Hi all....I have been stalking milepoint for someone, desperately trying to learn all about points and cards etc. I feel really dumb asking this question, but I am going to swallow my pride and ask. Award Wallet looks very simple, but I am struggling. Recently, I applied and received two cards, the Amex SPG and Chase Sapphire Preferred. I cannot get my AmEx SPG card on there. Even though I can sign into both the SPG site, and the Amex sites. The card on Award wallet that I chose was the Amex Membership Rewards. When that didn't work, I signed up under the Starwood Preferred card for hotels.

Thanks for any assistance. I feel like this shouldn't be so hard.

2. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP. Glad you decided to join us.

Unfortunately I am not well versed in Award Wallet but I am sure others will chime in and give you some great advice.

Jimgotkp likes this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Have you verified that the AMEX SPG is an eligible Membership Rewards card? The reason I am asking is that my basic AMEXHilton card is not MR-eligible. I have two AMEX cards, Corporate and Platinum Business, that are MR-eligible and AwardWallet does correctly fetch the Membership Rewards info associated with these cards...

Just a thought.

Welcome!

deant likes this.
  4. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any points you earn with your AMEX SPG will be credited to your SPG account, not to your Membership Rewards account. So, you need to register your SPG account with Awardwallet. On Awardwallet, SPG is listed under hotels as:
    Starwood Hotels and Resorts

5. MDDCFlyer

MDDCFlyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are any many Amex cards (both issued by Amex and by other banks). Most of them are not associated with MR. Only selected few are. All of the brand name cards that are associated with hotels/airlines etc collect points with the respective partner not MR. Only Amex "own" card are MR cards.

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. AwardWallet

AwardWallet Z Representative

Status Points:
    Correct, I've exchanged emails with iamamy trying to explain just that. I guess I did make it clear enough. If you have AMEX SPG card your points wont be showing up on the Amex site they will be showing on the SPG site instead so you need to add Starwood instead of Amex to track those points.

7. iamamy

iamamy Member

Status Points:
    Thank you all. As Award Wallet said, I didn't realize there were Ultimate Rewards and Membership Awards. I have it sorted out now....thanks for your help :)

Amy

miles and smiles likes this.
  8. Extra Pack of Peanuts

Extra Pack of Peanuts Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glad you figured it out. I'd just like to commend Award Wallet on the great service they provide. Thanks so much. I recommend it highly every chance I can on my blog.

AwardWallet likes this.
  9. merice107

merice107 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am going to piggy back on this thread and ask another question if that is ok...

I recently received a points statement email for Priority Club, and the amount of points on there was less than amount of points on my award wallet account. Has anyone had that happen before? I stayed at a holiday inn a couple of weekends ago (kind of like those old commercials used to say) and checked in with foursquare/top guest. Those are some of the points that are missing. Any ideas on resolving this?

10. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think there was another thread/question about this type of thing before. From what I can recall, people were saying that the points listed in your email statement can be outdated by a few weeks or more, so I wouldn't worry about it. If it shows up in award wallet, it's showing up in your online PC account, so you should be fine. You can sign into your PC account to confirm if you'd like. That should be the most up to date accounting of your points.

merice107 and servo46250 like this.
  11. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is exactly right. I work for a company whose sister organization does statement printing both on the digital and physical media side. Those e-statements are snapshots as of the end of the time period (usually the calendar month or quarter) via a flat file, and are NOT reflective of the most recent activity.

merice107 likes this.
  12. rodeojones

rodeojones Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife has both the AmEx and SPG account linked to her Award Wallet and it tracks both. AW shows the identical points under MR and SPG. :confused:

I was told that is was good to have both accounts linked to AW...is this overkill??