Help with award w/ partner (ANA)

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by corz123, Dec 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys I'm trying to piece together a flight with ANA using United Miles and I'm running a few issues.

1) Based on ANA's search they have a NH223 from HND to FRA with award space but I can't seem to find this on United's site. What gives?

2) I'm trying to find a ANA domestic ticket from OKA or KIX to HND to connect to this flight and ANA's domestic award search only lets me search till Feb. How can I find out about reward space on this flight?

Thanks!

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is entirely possible that ANA has space which is only available to their members and not to partners. Without a date it is hard to get more details for you.

Regarding domestic flights sometimes the inventory becomes more available with a connection to a long-haul flight versus just searching the domestic segment. Searching on 1 April 2014 on the ANA site for KIX-FRA I get options with the HND connection. The NH223 flight doesn't show up on the UA site for that date despite being available to ANA members, but the connection does work. UA shows NH->LH via HND on 1 April.

corz123 likes this.
  3. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How can I determine if the case is that it is only to member and not partner for sure? I was searching 5/10-5/17. What is Ana's usually rate/time of award seat release to partners? Or are you saying that based on what you've seen it's not.

What about the domestic flights? Say I'm trying to piece together something and I already have a flight out of HND available on United's site. How can I check to see if I can hook a OKA or KIX flight to it? I am asking since when I try to search for it as one trip out of OKA/KIX I get routed completely differently. I'm trying really hard to get on square first w/ ANA.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Call an agent and ask to verify that what you're seeing on the website is correct.

There is no set timeframe at which the seats might go to partners. It just happens sometimes. Or it doesn't.

I'd search on the ANA site for OKA/KIX to somewhere that you know the long-haul segment is available on ANA metal, specifying the transit point in the ANA interface. That should tell you about the domestic segment. There is a button labeled "Select Transit City" on the search page which should help you out.

Once you've figured it out you may need to call UA to complete the booking.

5. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah the issue is I did that and I can't search out to May yet on ANA's site unless there is something that I'm missing. In that case does that mean this will also have to be done through a United Agent.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    On the ANA site choose the option for international ANA awards. Click the button for transit circled in yellow:
    ana0.JPG

Fill in the dates/airports and click the Next button to run the search.
    ana1.JPG

Read the results.
    ana2.JPG

NH 223 is showing WL on the 10th which means waitlist; there are no seats available even for ANA members on that date. If you have some flexibility the 9th does have space on NH223, though UA doesn't show it. It might be for ANA members only.

Also, the "season" is R which is regular, between high and low. That makes it less likely that awards will release to partners and also makes it harder to translate from the ANA options to what you'll see elsewhere.

7. corz123

corz123 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll keep that in mind thanks!