Help with Award upgrade

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Garp74, Apr 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hiya,

Somehow, Mrs. Garp and I have different confirmation numbers for a trip we're taking to Cancun. I'm churning through exchange tickets before they expire, so I'm on a B fare:

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, I used some MileagePlus miles to bring her with me. Notice her fare codes:

[​IMG]

In her itinerary, what is "IN" vs. "XN" ? Her outbound flight she is in 2A and I am in 2B. But for the return leg, we are both in 21. The return flight is in two weeks. As you can see from my itinerary, there is PN inventory available for me to upgrade into. But of course, I'm not splitting away from her for any reason. I imagine the computer is going to upgrade me no matter what when the automatic upgrade window opens. And if that happens, I'll just find whoever is sitting in row 21 next to her and offer him my seat.

But is there any easy way to make her return look like "IN" and have her sit up front?

Thanks!

With regards
    Garp74

2. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Quick note: I believe (but I could be wrong) that if I had somehow gotten these two tickets on the same PNR, she would be automatically upgraded with me when I'm upgraded. Is that correct?

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You cannot have an award and a revenue ticket on the same PNR.

XN is a coach award. IN is a business award. You should call in and ask the agents to waitlist her XN segment in business class. And if/when that clears you can hopefully move your B->PN.

Flyer1976 and Garp74 like this.
  4. Garp74

Garp74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, thank you again. You're very helpful.