Help, will miss my flight on AS

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by lichenlt, Oct 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone,

I have two separate awards, one with AA on CX HKG-SFO and the other with BA on AS SFO-SEA. Now, I missed my first flight HKG-SFO but was rebooked to the next available flight, because of which I will miss my SFO-SEA flight. I called BA but was informed that no changes could be made within 24hrs of departure. So now I'm going to lose my miles no matter what I do. My question is, is there a chance for AS to rebook me on the next available flight if I go to them after landing at SFO. My SFO-SEA flight departs at 1pm, I will be arriving at 10pm. I know it's a big gap, but wanted to hear any advice on this. Thanks.

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might have a chance doing it in person if you could reach AS on the same day and try the "flat tire rule". But I'm pretty sure that AS ticket counter will be closed by 10pm as their last flights of the day have left by then.

I would see if CX can contact AS on your behalf; otherwise, call AS from HKG to try to change the flight. In any event you will probably have to overnight in SFO.

lichenlt likes this.
  3. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    Never done this. Do I ask the CX check-in agent or the staff at the lounge?

If I call AS, which number should I call? the regular customer service #? Thanks.

4. lichenlt
    Original Member

lichenlt Silver Member

Status Points:
    CX told me they could not contact AS and even if they could, AS wouldn't be able to change the ticket because it was issued by BA.

I then tried to contact AS through their customer service line, but every time when it was transferred to an agent it got disconnected. I guess I'm out of options now. :(