Help w/my points?

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by savingrace, Feb 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

I don't churn that much, but we do take a couple really cool vacations a year. And I do believe in churn and burn. So below are DH and my points totals. And our hopes for upcoming trips. And any thoughts on best use or future churns.

Oh, and all award need true lie-flat seats, because I have MS and need sleep on these flights. And prefer longer flights so I can sleep. Our home airport is GJT, but because that is so small I just go from whatever city needed, and pay for economy tickets to there. Oh, and do not really use hotel points much.

1 - We want to go to Africa, SA, or Tanzania, open to Botswana, Mozambique around Jan
    2 - We also want to find my roots, so Northern Ireland and Florence, Italy in late Sept or Oct. If we could do a stopover in one of these places on way to Africa, great.
    (3) - Would consider NZ in Jan or Oz in Aug.

We are retired, so can be very flexible.

(And we leave Mar 6 for 3 weeks in Oz and Tas, flying United F class GJT to Mel, and CX from Perth to LAX thru HKG. I would never be doing this without this forum, so many thanks. And for any help or thoughts.)

BA - 51,000
    UsAir - 136,000 (w/new Barclay's credit card)
    Chase - 50,000
    MR - 30,601
    Hilton - 10,000

Alaska - 25,500
    BA - 50,080
    UsAir - 67,750 (again, including yesterday's cc churn)
    Chase - 76,600
    Starwood - 24,000