Help w/ BNA mileage run?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by jeremystanley, Nov 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hey all,

I'm new to the boards here and this is my first year of potentially having reasonable status with an airline. I'm about 4,700 miles away from Premiere Executive with United and need to grab those before the end of the year.

If anyone knows of any economic runs out there (I mostly work with non-profits and don't have crazy cash flow) out of Nashville, help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP!!

An initial place to look would be:

http://www.farecompare.com/search/flyertalk.html

It can give you an idea of the cheapest airfares from your market. What is your budget to snag these last miles?

At first glance looks like you can do a R/T to Seattle for $249 and get 3900 miles. It should yield you around 4100 miles since you get segment minimums with premier. You'll need to build in an extra stop to stretch out the miles a bit. Or do BNA-ORD R/T for $139.00 to pick up the last few hundred miles. There's a lot of different options that you can play with to get it done! Good luck.

3. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The cheapest one-day run I can find would be a BNA-CLT-SFO-CLT-BNA turn on US, earns quite a bit more than 5,000 EQM at $316.30

4. Ahh I've heard of this site, going to look everything over. It's a bit confusing as prices don't seem to completely line up, but I probably just need to spend more time with it. Thanks for the heads up!

5. Oh wow, that's not bad! Where did you find this? I think my biggest learning curve is sorting out how to compile runs like this, which probably means I need to get cracking on these boards :)

6. SEABrad

SEABrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    Missed a fairly good fare SEA-IAH-BNA-IAH-SEA earlier this year. BNA seems to run some decent fares, so just keep your eye out. Farecompare is a great tool, as mentioned by other posters.

7. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was a simple search for same-day travel on matrix.itasoftware.com - the problem with using UA/CO metal I saw is the inability to fly east before flying west to rack up the qualifying mileage (not a problem on US). Just make sure you're in a qualifying fare basis (easy to do when looking at UA's chart).

8. Got it! Thanks for the help.

9. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those located in BNA, decent fares have to be jumped on - on any given week, there will be few fares at the 6 cents per EQM range. One has to take a good fare like a WN fare match (or DEQM promotion) and use the routing rules to make effective fares, such as the $209 to SEA that arises from time-to-time.

10. I ended up having to fly up to New York and managed to find BNA - ORD - SFO - SEA - ORD - EWR for a little over $300 giving me roughly 5,400 EQM's. Didn't think that was too shabby for a last minute booking!