Help w/ AA awards

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by mdtravel, Oct 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. mdtravel

mdtravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got some miles on AA and have never booked an award with them. I'm looking to book an award from CLT to BRU in business.
    For the life of me, I cannot find any flights on that route on AA metal. BA? Yes. US? Yes. Two connection? Yep.
    I find the website to be not very friendly, and I'm comparing it to US so that is saying quite a bit.
    I'd take BA in First, but I can't find anything using AA.com with fewer than a double connection.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure this out.
    Anybody give a newbie a hand on how to find biz awards on AA without a crap ton of connections?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    AA doesn't fly into BRU on its own metal. You'll need to use a partner. If you can get US on the A330 that's a pretty nice seat in C.

Beyond that, not every route is always available on points so you might need to take an extra connection or otherwise be flexible if you want to pay with points.

3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will cost you a little bit, but it might be worth calling AA to search for what you need.

zphelj likes this.