Help - Totally newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by lrollin, May 10, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. lrollin

lrollin New Member

Status Points:
    Hello All,

Its my first topic and i'm sorry if post in local wrong.

I'm totally newbie and I know very little hotel mileage process. Now I am going to NY and I need some form of low cost hotels, you guys can help me please.

regards

2. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to InsideFlyer, lrollin — but you need to give a lot more information before anyone can help you.

When do you plan to go to New York; and for how long are you staying there? What is the purpose of your trip? What do you consider “low cost”? Are you a member of any frequent guest loyalty programs?

Please be as specific as possible about the information for which you are seeking so that someone can answer your questions as best as possible...

3. lrollin

lrollin New Member

Status Points:
    Hello, thanks for your reply....Below this information...

- Period: 12/23/16 until 01/06/17
    - 3 adults
    - leisure with my family
    - I'm finding low cost in midtown, 5th avenue, between 40th and 50th
    - about loyalty program, I have all but all with 0 points...(terrible situation)

thanks for you help....

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pick a different neighborhood. The subway network is spectacularly easy and affordable. Plus you probably don't want to be in the 40s on 5th Avenue for 2 weeks anyways; mostly just office buildings there with little local flavor.

Rent an apartment/AirBnB rather than trying to pay for 2 weeks of hotel nights at peak season. Ignore the loyalty factor.

5. bulldogmadness

bulldogmadness New Member

Status Points:
    I agree with this! When you're not in Times Square, Midtown is mostly filled with commercialized buildings. If you want a lively and cheap neighborhood in manhattan, I would go up to washington heights or down to chinatown.

6. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are you planning to do during the 2 weeks you will be in NYC?

7. RenneStone

RenneStone Member

Status Points:
    OKey, the first thing I do when I'm looking for a hotel is define the days I'm staying and the closer and cheapest area of where I'm visit the most. There are some areas in New York that are really strategic if you are looking for comfort and security. One is Stay Hotel or East Village Bed & Coffee.