Help Reading Availability: 0 vs Blank

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by Ed Chandler, Sep 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ed Chandler
    Original Member

Ed Chandler Silver Member

Hey, all,

LOVING ExpertFlyer (and the discount I got with my Milepoint premium membership :)), and I've read all of the documentation I can find. Still, I'm having difficulty interpreting the results I get in some very specific circumstances and I KNOW someone out there can set me straight.

Consider the following result when looking for AA award space. I asked to be shown all three "saver" classes of award (Z, U, and T).

(If the picture doesn't appear, it's here:

My question is what the completely empty box for AA4542's inventory means. I ask because AA1481 shows zeroes when it has no inventory, but AA4542 just leaves a big white nothing.

Which of the following does the completely empty box mean?
    1. There are seats in my requested classes, but none of them are available. (i.e. If all classes requested are 0 it doesn't bother printing anything.)
    2. There aren't any seats for those classes on that flight at all. (i.e. It's not that they're there and they're 0 -- they just flat-out aren't there.)
    3. AA4542 and AA3774 are related in some way such that the information for AA3774 applies to both flights as though they were one.
    I'm inclined to think it's #2 because it generally says 0 when it means 0. AA1481 explicitly says that there are 0 available seats in Z and T, but doesn't even mention U. So if I had to guess, I'd say that flight has seats in Z and T, none of which are available, and simply does not have any seats in U.
    The thing is, I don't want to guess. ;)

Thanks in advance.
  2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

It simply means there is no inventory in the requested class(es) for that flight. AA doesn't always show all the 0's as noted in the Help for that page.