Help needed for SAS mileage run

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Ronnie Hansen, Jan 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Ronnie Hansen

Ronnie Hansen Active Member

Status Points:
    I have recently started flying, and just recently started at the Eurobonus programme. Just no, the world of milepoint has opened to me. Fantastic! I postet a thread at the newbies forum about this, but as Sir Ragnar helpfully pointed out, this would be a better forum.

I have reached Silver last March, and I'm far too many points away to reach Gold this spring. However, 7 flights will do the trick. Now I'm looking for a not too expensive init, that will give me 7 qualifying flights, out of CPH , that is a little bit more exciting than CPH-AAL 4 times (however, that will be the end of it, if nothing shows.)

I'm learning the ITA-matrix step by step, but it's still difficult. Have anyone in here got experiences on a good way to reach 7 flights quickly? I'm quite flexible during February, able to travel almost any day and able to have a stop-over.

Thank you for time to read this and any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Best!

2. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe more difficult from CPH, but one idea is to try to get a routing which includes transfer. Such as CPH-ARN-xxx,

Ronnie Hansen likes this.
  3. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I have been doing this before by using Someone's suggesting to do CPH-ARN-XXX-CPH. Because of the possibility to buy cheaper oneways I did a CPH-ARN-OSL-CPH and then a CPH-AAL-CPH. I did find days where there is cheap tickets and the routes have all a lot of others carriers which means good prices. Other suggesting could be KF via HEL and do some segments there.

These routings or similar should be possible to do for a fair price which will get you EBG for a year :)

/HerrO

4. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe something like CPH-GOT-ARN-LLA-ARN-MMX-ARN-CPH - not necessarily in exactly that order. It should be possible in one day?
    Otherwise, GOT, ARN and OSL are usually quite cheap from CPH if you book well in advance, and you don't take the morning and late afternoon flights.

5. Ronnie Hansen

Ronnie Hansen Active Member

Status Points:
    I've just booked the flights, and will go a bit between CPH and ARN for a day. I'll probably get more work done than at the office with the phone turned off..!

OY-JFS likes this.
  6. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Planning to do same when my tracking period starts Jun 2012. I only have 11 Qualifying flights now and I dont think I can make even silver before May. Or could it be possible... any suggestions? Im in Finland. :D

7. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm, seems like I will be some 650 points short at the end of May and has to do an MR.....guess doing an OSL-ARN-OSL will be the easiest and cheapest?

OY-JFS likes this.