Help me with my first churn!

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by lawfulhealthnut, Oct 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. lawfulhealthnut

lawfulhealthnut Member

Status Points:
    I've been researching for about a year (relatively new to Milepoint--I've been reading a lot!), and I think I'm finally ready to make the plunge. I want to start out slow, but hopefully continue on every six months or so...

My two main questions are whether my income and inquiries will allow me to get the cards below. I am in law school and clerk for about $25k/year. I have about 5-8 inquiries on every credit report. I worry most about inquiries because I also have a small file--oldest card is 1 years 8 months and I recently received two cards from Chase in July, so I am pretty sure I should stay away from them. (Hit my internal limit...)

Credit Scores: 730-760
    Utilization: 0%

Anyway, looking to get the following to plan a trip to Asia or Germany in August 2015 for two. Home airport is SAN or ORD (depending on what job I take).

Citi AA Advantage Visa-50k
    US AIrways-40k
    Alaska-25k
    AMEX PRG/SPG-25k
    Club Carlson-85k

Any tips? Recommendations? Everything is appreciated, and thanks so much for the help!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Kalboz likes this.
  2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    United out of ORD, to Germany ,Sapphire, Ink , United...PEK , PVG, go to Asia United and return AA... Done it more than once...