Help me select a Hotel Program too!

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by starfire33, Mar 28, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. starfire33

starfire33 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone,

I've recently started a new job and have been traveling quite frequently, 4 nights a week.
    I already have been awarded Gold status at Hilton, and now wondering if its worth collecting
    the points versus changing to miles or collecting miles at another chain. I feel that miles
    would be worth more to me than hotel stays. Where do you feel is the best chain on the basis
    of collecting miles for Star Alliance?

Thanks,

Starfire33

jmrich1432 likes this.
  2. particlemn

particlemn Silver Member

Status Points:
    As someone who has collected hilton points i have found that they add up really fast and they have some properties like the hilton waikoloa village that we really like to stay at especially on award, however if i was staying at a property 4 nights a week i would really look for the best property that was in budget fo those 4 nights and what perks you get there. the awards are great but if you are basically living in a hotel you need to make those satys count, like if you are staying at and HGI and gettin the gold free breakfast and iternet and that is of value, plus is the hotle convientent to work and dinner options and such

jmrich1432 likes this.
  3. deant
    Original Member

deant Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    First question would be which airline within *A are you looking at? It makes a big difference. For example, SPG can be transferred to US Airways on a 1:1 basis yet transfers to UA are 2:1.

The advantage of SPG is that you can use the points for hotels or transfer to airlines. With every 20K transferred, you get a "bonus" 5K. So 20K SPG transferred to US Airways would be 25K miles.