Help me purchase ANA Original Boeing 787 Service Commemorative Stamps

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by stamford_dancer, Apr 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. stamford_dancer

stamford_dancer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi,

I recently flew ANA First NRT-SFO (marvelous experience) and in a feel-good mood, purchased a set of stamps on the flight. Because these were flat items, I didn't want to stuff them in my bag, so I carried them off in their original duty-free bag.

Alas, in rushing for the parking shuttle, I inadvertently left them on the baggage cart. By the time I thought of telling the driver, she had already gone on the ramp to the next terminal. The parking shuttle driver could not take me back immediately as she had other passengers to take to a flight, but did radio the next shuttle to check for the item. By the time he got there, he reported no cart, no nothing. :-( She did offer to drop me off at the terminal to inquire, but I decided at that point in time, it was probably not very likely I would find them and thought I could simply re-purchase them.

I wrote to ANA about re-purchasing, and the Airport Police's lost and found. The Airport Police wrote back to say they found nothing. ANA took a while, then wrote back to say they had first checked with their airport office and the airport police (they didn't have to, honestly!) to see if it was found, but they came up with nothing. On the topic of repurchasing, ANA said, unfortunately they can only sell these special stamps on operating flights. However, as a goodwill gesture they will send me something else. :)

Still, I would very much like to get a set of those stamps. Since they are special items, I suspect they won't be on the catalogue for very long and while I know this is a forum for frequent fliers, who will find any excuse to fly, but I can't exactly plan for a trip within the next month (I've already booked myself on another set of trips on UA).

I'm wondering if anyone's flying ANA (I think the catalogue said these are sold on all their flights, long haul, medium haul, etc. on all sectors) soon and can purchase these items. They are 2,800 yen. Perhaps you could PM me. I'll be glad to reimburse (and a reasonable "shipping and handling fee"), or we can talk about any other "swag" you might like to barter this with.

Thank you!

2. ohianjo
    Original Member

ohianjo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Based in NGO, would be happy to help you... Will be on another NH flight this month

3. stamford_dancer

Status Points:
    Thank you Ohianjo -- please let me know when you have it and we can discuss how to send it to me.

4. whkento
    Original Member

whkento Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be on a domestic ANA flight May 1st. Will look for 'em.

Ohianjo, pls post or PM if you are able to secure them for stamford_dancer.

5. stamford_dancer

Status Points:
    The stamps have been secured!

6. kaka
    Original Member

kaka Gold Member

Status Points:
    nice! i've just bought a set too!