Help me find a MR with *A so I can make United 1P again

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by joesmoe, Oct 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm 15k miles short. I'm currently in EU and need to get back to the USA by christmas.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get these 15k miles for cheap?

Thanks!

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    To get 15K PQMs through MRs will require quite a bit of flying. For perspective, JFK to PEK will net you about 16K-17K PQMs round-trip. JFK to most destination in EU, one way, would get you around 5K PQMs. JFK-HNL: ~10K PQMs round-trip. So, it is unclear to me how this can be done "cheaply". For something like this, with time running out on MRs, you might consider purchasing premier accelerator miles (PAMs). For instance from EU, you would earn ~5K BIS PQMs, and then you could top that off with 10K PAMs, which would cost you around $1,500 extra, but you would not need to fly or would need just a quick hop after that to attain elite status. The question then becomes whether or not it is worth it to you...

joesmoe likes this.
  3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    While the <$500 fares are gone there are still some <$600 NYC-HNL trips available at the beginning of December. Not many, but they are there. That's probably the cheapest the PQMs will come in a decent amount of time.

HiIslands likes this.
  4. Fenx

Fenx Active Member

Status Points:
    We more need to know where you are now in Europe and where you need to end up in the US. From there we can start to make more applicable suggestions.

joesmoe likes this.