HELP - Looking for a place for a family vacation

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by JLinCT, Dec 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JLinCT

JLinCT Member

Status Points:
    I am looking for ideas for a family vacation that would satisfy several people of all ages. Our age group is 1 - 65 including me and my wife, Mother-In-Law, 3 adult children and their spouses, 2 teenage children and one grandchild.
    7 Female
    5 Male (includes 1 year old grandson)
    We would need at least 4 - 5 rooms or places that have 1 - 3 bedroom options.
    Cold locations is not an option. North / South America probably best due to air-fare costs but, anywhere else on the planet is fine too as long as it is not cold.
    I'll be using a combination of points and cash to pay for both rooms and air-fare and the adult children will be chipping in for air-fare so I don't want it to be cost prohibitive for them. We will have to fly from the New England area.
    Any suggestions?

2. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    When are you planning to travel? Do you have a status with Hyatt?

3. JLinCT

JLinCT Member

Status Points:
    I am a diamond member and time of year is not too important except we are planning for a 2012 vacation. Up to a week long.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  4. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you go winter time, Park Hyatt Buenos Aires is an amazing property. You can probably use your suite upgrade if you will have a paid room for yourself. Plus check FHR or Virtuoso for any special deals.

Others might provide you with other suggestions, but my stay few month ago at Park Hyatt Buenos Aires was just amazing.

5. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would look at the resorts in Florida and Hawaii. Also, the Hyatt in Aruba is very nice.

6. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the distance is not too far for you, Bali Hyatt is an excellent value at just 5000 points per night. Also the staff is amazing and you get to experience a very unique culture.

FriendlySkies likes this.
  7. FriendlySkies
    Original Member

FriendlySkies Gold Member

Status Points:
    +100

Also check out the Grand Hyatt Kauai. That's one of my favorite Hyatt properties, as well as one of my favorite places in Hawaii!

Here are some photos of an Ocean Suite at the Kauai property

cennas likes this.
  8. JLinCT

JLinCT Member

Status Points:
    This looks like a fantastic option however, it would cost almost $20,000 for airfare for the entire group. I am going to keep an eye on this for a place to visit with just me and my wife.

TAHKUCT likes this.