Help from someone who has booked LAN tickets to S American using BAEC before - problem booking

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by rgm18, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. rgm18

rgm18 Active Member

Status Points:
    I used LANs site to check for availability to Lima, Santiago, and IPC and found flights on LAN that are at the "low" amount of miles-meaning they should be available to BA.
    However, when I call BA, they cannot see some of the flights I can see as available (such as if JFK-LIM-SCL and JFK-SCL are available on LAN, they will only see the direct flight- I want the indirect because the time works better for me). The agent (and I've tried 5x) told me there is no way to get

Also, on the last leg of the return which is LIM-JFK on LA530, they do not see any availability. However, on the same day, the first agent did do see SCL-LIM-JFK on LA530 (one flight number, just with a stop in lima). Now, i just called back figuring I would just do Chile and Easter Island and they are telling me there is no availability from SCL-LIM-JFK on LA530 in business at all. This, despite the fact that Lan.com is showing available.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
    Thanks for any help
    r

2. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    what you need to do is report your flight leg by leg, instead of departure city and destination only. For example, If you want to book JFK-LIM-SCL, first do research on Ba.com to make sure the availability. Then call Ba, tell them you would report the airport code only just for clarity, and say "I want JFK to LIM with LAN on ****(date), then stop over at LIM for ** days (wait until they see the flights), then I want LIM to SCL on **** date with LAN, too. ".

LAN is not accurate to BA and sometimes you need to deals with BA.com directly to make sure each leg is available.

3. PanAm
    Original Member

PanAm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Recently even checking segment by segment on BA.com isn't helping with LA award flights. I've been trying to arrange a number of flights where BA.com will show availability, go all the way through taking my credit card info and "creating reservation", then returns an error message directing me to call. Sometimes it's with a one-segment flight, sometimes multi-segment. And upon calling BA, they can never see the flights (whether by segment or otherwise) that the website showed but then failed to allow me to finish booking.

One agent last week mentioned that there had been some IT work done lately on the LA interface and perhaps this caused some problems.

The issue has also showed up where the award search returns a mixed AA & LA trip. Of course it's waaay too many miles for such a combination, but I tried calling just for kicks. The same problem occurs.

4. dingalpha

dingalpha Silver Member

Status Points:
    This happened recently when I checked Cathay availabilities.

I check both Japan Airlines and ba.com for the same segment and both report 2 seat available, however, when I called AA to book it, the agent cannot even see a single one.