Help from some forum friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by anomadtoo, Jul 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hello MP'ers, may I please ask for your input, suggestions, etc. for rout options.

I'm looking for an award ticket for two adults (with two lap kids) in premium class, RT SEA to TXL. I understand I'll find the premium awards first, then add the lap infants after. I've been using Award Nexus and AA, US for availability thus far. I would like to keep it to only one stop but that seems pretty much impossible; but two stop max.

Right now i have on hold with AA one-way award in first class, SEA to TXL (stops in DFW and FRA); this uses up my AA miles. It seems I may have the last two first class seats held at the moment. Maybe I should keep this portion.

I'm looking for a good option coming back to SEA. I called United and its 70k each adult in business all the way from TXL to SEA (stops in MUC and YYZ) on LH for first leg and AC on the next two legs. I'll just need to transfer UR points to United to cover this (and purchase about 20k). Do you suggest a different return option?

I know its a pretty open question, but I was just wondering what others thoughts were on the routes for a premium award with minimal stops.

Thank you all for your input!!! I love the community!

Damon

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You didn't mention dates so it is hard for us to help you find options. That said, getting from non-hub to non-hub with only one connection is going to be quite challenging. And the F award you already have is a pretty decent one.

I'd also suggest paying attention to the seating layouts on the planes to make sure that there are appropriate oxygen masks available for the babies.

3. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    ah yes, May 26 to June 9 +/- 2-3 days

4. anomadtoo

anomadtoo Silver Member

Status Points:
    No luck on the held AA first tickets; they wanted $1200 per lap kid; no way that's 10% if the lowest published fare!

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    F fare is ~$8800. If they're adding YQ in as well as the taxes then the $1200 is about right.

bez7 and iolaire like this.