Help Finding Award Flights to Mexico This Summer

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by mapenn, Feb 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    We've got about 75,000 SkyMile points hanging around and were hoping to squeeze in a trip to one of the resort cities of Mexico anytime this summer. I've spent a little time on the Delta site and have had no luck finding any "low price" economy tickets that would get my wife and I under that skymile threshold.

Anybody have any hints or advice for me? We would fly out of STL. Thanks in advance!

2. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Look at the AeroMexico route map (or list of destinations on Wikipedia). Find dates that they have space available on something like ATL-MEX-XXX. (This shows on DL.dumb, but you really need to search segment-by-segment. DL.dumb will default to showing you higher priced DL routes otherwise.) Once you find the hub-destination bits on a variety of dates, start searching for STL-ATL (or wherever) on those dates. Put it all together using multi-city.

mapenn likes this.
  3. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the AeroMexico hint. I'm checking that out. The multi-city thing is all new to me!

4. mapenn

mapenn Silver Member

Status Points:
    OH man the delta site IS frustrating! I'm trying to find a decent multi-city route but there is always barrier that puts us over our mile budget.

Let me ask a blunt question. Is it unreasonable to expect to find a Delta ticket from the midwest (STL/MCI) to either Cabo (SJD) or Puerto Vallarta for 35,000 miles? My wife and I have just over 70,000 from a couple CC signups earlier in the year. There are plenty of 35,000 legs to 'snake' us through ATL, MEX, LAX...but I can't keep it below that threshold all the way. Any help for this Delta newbie? :)