Help! Continental SWU expiring 2/29/12

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by benolaa, Feb 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. benolaa
    Original Member

benolaa Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to use my SWU expires 2/29/12 for March which can confirm not waitlist and they are telling me it must be flown by the expiration not applied. I was under the impression that as long as it would confirm by the expiration date I would be good to go. Anyone have the official policy?

druiddation likes this.
  2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's Time to Fly.

I believe the official policy is that the segments need to be flown.

2wheels likes this.
  3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yep, all travel must be completed before the SWU expiration date, unfortunately.

4. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, they need to be flown by the date.

And if you want to call MP for extensions, forget it. I'm 1KMM, and they granted an extension for two of mine by only one month (even though I wanted to use them in the middle of March).

Heck, I VDBed last week, and that re-deposited a CR upgrade which expires on the 29th back into my account, can't use it before then, and they will not extend it....even when I just want to use it one day later, on March 1st. They cited the one-month extension of the SWUs I got. I asked them, even if I wanted to use the CR-1 at 7:00 a.m. on March 1st, not even 24 hours past the deadline? Yup, you got your SWUs upgraded....get lost.

Things are-a-changin' at United.