HELP! As of Sept 1st EVOLVE Money limits payment to 1 gift card---What are my OTHER options??

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Kimj, Oct 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Kimj

Kimj New Member

Status Points:
    Help! As of Sept 1st, EVOLVE Money limits 1 Gift Card per Payee. Thus my $1600/month Blue Cross Health Insurance payment will NOT be paid in full. I am limited to ONE $500 Gift Card. That makes EVOLVE useless to me except to pay my utilities.

Since the demise of Vanilla Reloads + Vanilla One Gift Cards with BlueBird at Walmart, I am struggling to find a way to pay my Monthly Bills: Rent + Health Insurance + Utilities = $5000/month.

PLEASE tell me how I can pay my $5000/month expenses and get Miles/Points?? I am COMPLETELY lost... I hate to lose 60,000 points/year.

It appears that BlueBird is dead to us? Should I switch to: SERVE or is the NEW TargetRed better to pay monthly bills??

Waiting for your kind reply, Kim

2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bluebird still lets you load gift cards in person, no? Either at Walmart ATM or checkout. Or has that changed too?

3. Kimj

Kimj New Member

Status Points:
    In Boston, I have NOT been able to load BlueBird at WalMart for several months now. I was using Vanilla One Gift Cards. What are YOU using?

4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's been a month or so but just a regular Visa gift card.

5. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No one said you need to pay every bill with a credit card.
    I pay my homeowner, auto insurance with a credit card,

Was buying SMGC and converting them to MO., and then paying bills.

PayPal offers a business debit card, picked the card up off an old ebay account.

The bottom line is how much do you really want to pay for the points, at a point the value is not there, for the cost you are paying.

This is a fun game but ROI does come into play.

The only real bang for the buck is new card points.

FTU keeps us informed, but things are always changing.,,and it gets easier every day,

At some point we have far more than we need,

6. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, that's one huge insurance premium! I understand your objective here is to extract some points out of it, but couldn't help wondering if there are ways to make a more substantial cut in your health care expenses.
    You are correct that Walmart blocks prepaid reloads from One Vanilla GC's, but other brands (Sunrise, US Bank) may still work.

7. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had success using walmart to load visa. Not the onevanilla visas but the other types.

8. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points: