Heathrow Terminal 1 BMI International Lounge

Discussion in 'LHR/LGW/LCY/LTN/STN | London Area Airports' started by sendaiben, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    We visited this lounge in early January 2012, flying on Lufthansa to Munich.

The lounge was next to our gate (gate 5) and it seems that there are only a few international gates in T1.

The good:

-lounge was clean and modern
    -nice comfortable seats overlooking one of the runways, good working area
    -not too crowded
    -friendly staff

The bad:

-food selection wasn't very good, although that may have been because of the time (mid-morning). I ended up just eating some crisps (potato chips)
    -toilets weren't quite business lounge standard (a bit dirty and grungy)

Overall, this was a very pleasant place to spend a couple of hours before a flight. I wonder what will happen to it when/if BMI leaves the Star Alliance... would Lufthansa take it over?

FlyIce likes this.
  2. FlyIce

FlyIce Silver Member

Status Points:
    In fact most of gates in T1 are international ones; just a few ones are domestic.
    That's the real plus: the view. At LHR is difficult to get bored looking out of the window and wifi works smoothly.

That lounge in one of my favourites, probably at the very top of the list.

I'm afraid that when BMI will leave Star Alliance, that lounge will not be transferred to LH, since they already run other 2 lounges in T1 branded as "Star Alliance" (shared between LH, LX, OS, TP and LO - at least).

sendaiben likes this.