Heathrow Express announces combined air and rail ticket partnership

Discussion in 'LHR/LGW/LCY/LTN/STN | London Area Airports' started by sobore, Apr 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.rail.co/2013/04/19/heathrow-express-announces-combined-air-and-rail-ticket-partnership/

A new partnership between Heathrow Express and Aer Lingus will allow customers to book train tickets as part of their flight for the first time.

Aer Lingus passengers will now be able to choose to add the Heathrow Express service to London while purchasing flight tickets.

Heathrow Express has said it selected Aer Lingus as its first partner airline because of the large number of business travellers from Ireland who already use the service.

Aer Lingus operates up to twelve flights a day between Dublin and London Heathrow, four flights a day between Cork and Heathrow and three flights a day between Belfast and Shannon and Heathrow.
    Heathrow Express managing director Keith Greenfield said: “We are very excited to be partnering with Aer Lingus on this initiative and to be able to help make the process of booking faster travel between London and Heathrow easier.

Read More: http://www.rail.co/2013/04/19/heathrow-express-announces-combined-air-and-rail-ticket-partnership/

uggboy and guinnessxyz like this.
  2. good idea by HE. Hope it expands

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the fact that tickets for the HEX train can now be bought with our flight tickets from EI directly. I also hope that this service expands to many more airlines. I'm sure it will.

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough but there are a myriad of airlines giving better discounts on the HEX than EI (up to this point) plus there are often two for ones regularly out there .... Personally when one can already buy aticket on line what real advantage is there to purchasing from an airline? .. unless the cost is included free or at a very minimal pricte.

5. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    Prices from Aer Lingus might be expensive, because they're Dublin.

Hahahahahaha....get it....Dublin.....I slay myself!!!!!

/try the veal

6. Bassington

Bassington Member

Status Points:
    I don't think I've ever come across one of these combined ticket deals that wasn't worse than what you get if you just buy on the ground. Personal favourite was FCO - we were stuck waiting in the sun for at least an hour because our tickets could only be used on one incredibly specific bus. Some Hungarian guy nearly passed out.