Hawaiian/JetBlue interline/FF deal to be announced today (23 Jan 12)

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Wandering Aramean, Jan 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hawaiian Airlines and JetBlue will announce today a partnership for both travel and their frequent flyer programs. The deal comes on the heels of the recent announcement of new service by Hawaiian Airlines with the upcoming launch of non-stop service between New York’s JFK and Honolulu. While the Hawaiian service doesn’t start up until June, the deal will start sooner, with the carriers routing passengers via Los Angeles for one stop service on interline itineraries.

Full details are not yet known but the formal announcement is expected later today.

iolaire and JohnnieD like this.
  2. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Accroding to FT, the Hawaiian air sevice from JFK will leave from T5 , which makes connections a lot easier .

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I believe this was corrected to T4 at some point recently. The initial release said T5 and then was changed to T4 in subsequent communications. Maybe that was just subterfuge to hide this deal and they'll change it back, but I doubt it. They'd need to block off 2-3 gates to handle that large a crowd at T5.

4. bmg42000
    Original Member

bmg42000 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Today it was changed back to T5. Evidently they could use gate 27 to hold the plane.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I know that the plane could fit but I'm worried about the number of people. As it is the gates aren't bit enough for the number of passengers they have. That said, I see the post on FT suggesting that it is happening and it makes sense if they can afford the space to make the connections easier. I love it as it means I get to use T5 on my trip to HNL on the inaugural in June.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=131045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1651484&highlight=
    VERY nice, though still no real details.