Hawaiian Credit Card offer in mail 20,000 miles versus 35,000 online

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by stpat1, Apr 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stpat1
    Original Member

stpat1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I’ve had one for awhile but my wife does not and as such we get endless solicitations from Hawaiian to get my wife to sign up. Eventually she probably will when we need the miles but not through their mail solicitations as they are terrible. The last offer she received was for 20,000 miles. Currently online they offer 35,000 miles (https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABKKI&mboxSession=1302325108131-243279).
    What the hell! Do they think we are stupid or something not even to mention the fact as to what a waste of money it is to keep sending us low ball offers? The offer doesn’t even have the offer to receive a one-time 25% round-trip travel discount between the Mainland US and Hawaii for both the credit card holder and a companion. And this is course not to mention the fact that their free mile offers are a pittance compared to many competitors.

2. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just got the 35,000 miles offer via email from Hawaiian ...

3. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    35,000 is about the best that I have ever seen over the 5+ years I have been flying Hawaiian. I'm about to cancel our Hawaiian credit cards because even if I continue flying Hawaiian their redemption rates are so bad for most of the time that it is not worth the effort of crediting flights to their program.

alohastephen and wombat18 like this.
  4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Suggest you keep at least one since cardholders are allowed to receive HA miles wIth no fees from any other member.and there is no minimum tranfer amount either..great way to collect "orphan miles" from from frIends and relatives.
    What to do with them then?... convert them at 2 for 1, to HH points.:)