Hawaiian cancellations/account closures

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by jbeutel23, Jun 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jbeutel23

jbeutel23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was reading Hawaiian's terms and conditions and noticed a scary rule considering I hold two accounts.
    "Only one HawaiianMiles account is permitted per person and must serve both business and personal travel needs. In the event more than one account number is assigned to the same individual, the duplicate account will be canceled upon written notification from the Member or at Hawaiian Airlines' discretion."
    I just recieved the Bof A and B of H cards, but they are under different accounts, should I be worried?
    Also, if I am able to book award flights does Hawaiian allow you to cancel without losing your miles?
    Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there a reason that you hold two accounts? Seems that would simplify matters ;)

3. jbeutel23

jbeutel23 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't put my hawaiianMiles account number on the second CC application so apparently it automatically generates a new account.

misman likes this.
  4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had this happen with a CO account years ago. Just call them, and they'll combine the miles and close the new HA account number. (It often happens when you DO put your account number the application!)

5. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    yeah this is no issue. call and explain the 2nd was created with the CC. i wouldn't wait around on it, tho.

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  6. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Also if you cancel/change you must pay a "redeposit" fee to get your miles back. It is $30 for interisland and I believe $150 for other flights. They did allow me to change 3 tickets all under the same confirmation number and I only had to pay $150 for ALL 3 people. These were award tickets and we wanted to change our destination....

jbeutel23 and Slow_Mustang like this.