Hawaiian Airlines had most on-time flights, fewest cancellations in March

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by sobore, May 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2013/05/16/hawaiian-airlines-had-most-on-time.html

Hawaiian Airlines had the best on-time performance of any U.S. airline in March, with 91 percent of the Honolulu-based airline's flights arriving as scheduled, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation's Air Travel Consumer Report.

Virgin America was second among the 16 major domestic airlines with an on-time rate of 87.3 percent, followed by Alaska Airlines (NYSE: ALK) with a rate of 85.5 percent and Delta Air Lines with a rate of 85 percent.

Hawaiian, a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: HA), also had the fewest flight cancellations in March, with only six cancellations out of a total of 6,000 flights, for a cancellation rate of 0.1 percent.

Read More: http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2013/05/16/hawaiian-airlines-had-most-on-time.html

8MiHi, rockyrock and uggboy like this.
  2. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    As much as I like most of your posts, you have to reconsider. Dude, think about it. What other airline in the US, or the world for that matter, flies in great weather almost 100% of the time from fields that have very light traffic? I submit that an airline run by monkeys could achieve these numbers. In fact, if you break out their Trans-Pac operation you will find that THOSE flights if regarded as one airline, have one of the worst on time performance records in the business. http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-traveler/2012/02/Airline-Ratings-Hawaiian-Air-DOT-Report This is from 2012, but I am sure things haven't changed much

Sorry to call you on this bro, but as a resident of Hawaii, I am used to the BS that Hawaiian spews. http://crankyflier.com/category/airline/hawaiian/ They are they only game in town for interisland flights now and they act like it.

HaveMilesWillTravel and 8MiHi like this.
  3. rockyrock

rockyrock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Most of those complaints are pretty petty and if you were to look could find them for every airline. In my experiences HA agents whether on the mainland or locally always go out of their way to help. I've missed a few flights thanks to bad traffic or an unusually slow security line. Gate agents have always changed me to the next flight free of charge. Online reservations are simple and easy, award booking is hassle free and readily available.

I don't use travel agents, have spc meal requirements or care why they want to move me if it will make my traveling experience better.

My experiences. YMMV

8MiHi likes this.
  4. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:

Well, happy to hear all of that, but 1. Some people don't have such luck with gate agents, 2. Some people need / use travel agents for various reasons . 3. Some people need special meals. Points 5 and 6 in the Cranky post are just intolerable, and to top it all off, they (Hawaiian) purposely mislead the General Population as to their on-time performance.

If as they have stated, their goal is to become a world class airline serving the Pacific Basin, then this sort of crappy customer service needs to stop. Further, and on just a personal note, with this type of behaviour, they have taken all of the Aloha out of the the Hawaii market (as has United). That, to me is the most disappointing thing

5. flynhwns

flynhwns Active Member

Status Points:
    Most of Hawaiian's flights are 20 minutes long. If you look at the schedule you'll see that they post a flight about 40 minutes. It's easier to have flights arrive on time that way.

avflyer likes this.