Hawaiian Air in JFK Terminal 5

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by HiIslands, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HiIslands
    Original Member

HiIslands Silver Member

Status Points:
    Drills underway for new JFK flights

Last edit 05/21/2012
    by Howard Dicus
    HONOLULU and New YORK (HawaiiNewsNow) – With Hawaiian Airlines service to New York only about two weeks to go, ground crews have been running drills at JFK airport.

Hawaiian's daily flight will use a gate in Terminal 5, which otherwise is entirely occupied by JetBlue, which has the contract to service Hawaiian's jet, both above and below the wing, to use airline industry parlance.

Postings on http://www.airliners.net indicate that JetBlue's usual pushback vehicles couldn't handle the new Airbus jet so one that can was ordered.

The first Hawaiian flight to JFK leaves Honolulu on June 4. Service will be daily.

For years the only nonstop service between Hawaii and the New York area has been a daily Continental Airlines flight to Newark Liberty. Hawaiian's service to JFK will be more convenient to the millions of people who live on Long Island.

Copyright 2012 Hawaii News Now. All rights reserved.

2. craz
    Original Member

craz Silver Member

Status Points:
    makes sense if they will be doing code-sharing with B6

3. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope this encourages more code sharing between HA and AA.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't bet on it, at least based on them announcing FF reciprocity and codesharing with B6 as part of this setup. Oh, and using the B6 terminal.

I'll be out at JFK bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm booked on the inaugural HA51. :cool: :D