Hawaiian A330 F class JFK-HNL

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by olmangsr, Oct 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. olmangsr

olmangsr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had this flight as the free one-way of an AA HND-JFK ticket.Even that it was way over the MPM + 25 % limit AA did let me book it and ticketed for a 50k total p/p.
    Had the reservation for a random date in august but was waiting if anything opens up in september.Fortunately it did so called AA and managed to push the date a couple of weeks.Talked to a very kind CSR who quickly check for award availability and confirmed the 2 open spaces.She put me hold to check with the revenue department if it's a legal routing and came back within a couple of minutes wishing me a good trip to my final destination:)

And the rest:
    http://flight-report.com/en/report-5088.html

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
    infamousdx and Sean Colahan like this.
  2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice review. Hope you had a great time in Hawaii....and great deal with the one-way tagged onto an award ticket.

3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Though to do this route in what is basically domestic F. Though I live in CT and am not a UA guy, we did the ewr flight home last time. While the service was surly, the seats are much better...key for a 10 hour journey.

Thanks for sharing the report.

viguera likes this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah we did it in US via PHX and it was not fun. Domestic F all the way, although that nasty 757 they run on the last leg is... well, nasty :)

Although nowadays with the recent changes to F in transcons we might need to come up with a better term for this type of F. Maybe keep it as "domestic" and tag the new ones "premium" or something :)

5. I am here now!

I am here now! Active Member

Status Points:
    They seem quite generous with the wine! That should make up a little for the seats. ;)

viguera likes this.