Hawaiian’s new menu, snacks showcase local flavors

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by sobore, May 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.hawaii247.com/2012/05/15/hawaiians-new-menu-snacks-showcase-local-flavors/

Travelers who appreciate Hawaiian Airlines’ dedication to sharing Hawaii’s unique culture and tradition of hospitality will enjoy the airline’s new onboard menu and homegrown snacks showcasing the diversity of foods and flavors in the islands.

The new offerings are available on all of its domestic and international flights.
    “Allowing our guests to savor the delicious flavors of our local cuisine helps them begin their Hawaii experience hours before they actually arrive,” said Blaine Miyasato, Hawaiian’s vice president of product development. “It’s an important part of the Hawaiian hospitality that sets us apart from any other carrier to our islands and another example of how Hawaii flies with us.”

Hawaiian’s variety of inflight meals reflect the Hawaii-inspired flair that Executive Chef Chai Chaowasaree has brought to the new menus using ingredients found in the islands.
    For example, among the meals being enjoyed by Economy Class customers on domestic routes are a Hawaiian Breakfast Wrap of fried rice, Portuguese sausage, and edamame, and a Chicken Yellow Curry with rice and pineapple. Vegetarians can enjoy the Yellow Curry Penne Pasta with vegetables.

Read More: http://www.hawaii247.com/2012/05/15/hawaiians-new-menu-snacks-showcase-local-flavors/

2. sellthesedownfalls

sellthesedownfalls Silver Member

Status Points:
    If I could buy a spam musubi from Hygienic Market, poke from Ono Seafood, kalua pork from Ono Hawaiian, and a shave ice from Waiola on board, I would be the happiest coach passenger ever!

:D

I wonder what Y class gets from JFK-HNL...

MissBurrill likes this.