Hawaii gets new Low Cost Carrier- Allegiant Air

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by NYCAdventurer, May 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Allegiant Air announces new routes to Hawaii

on MAY 16, 2012 in NORTH AMERICA
    American low-cost carrier Allegiant Air has announced they will offer new routes from west coast cities to Hawaii. The new routes begin in mid-November 2012 with departures from Bellingham, WA; Eugene, OR; Santa Maria, CA; and Stockton, CA.
    According to the Allegiant Air press release:
    The carrier will offer introductory fares as low as $159* one-way, including taxes and fees, from Honolulu International Airport (HNL) to:
    1. Bellingham, Wash. — begins November 15 with fares as low as $159* each way
    2. Eugene, Ore. — begins November 17 with fares as low as $179* each way
    3. Santa Maria, Calif. — begins November 17 with fares as low as $199* each way
    4. Stockton, Calif. — begins November 18 with fares as low as $199* each way

The carrier will offer introductory fares as low as $199* one-way, including taxes and fees, from Kahului Airport (OGG) to:
    1. Bellingham, Wash. — begins November 14 with fares as low as $199* each way

Visit www.allegiantair.com for more information or to make an online booking.
    copied from:http://www.budgetairlineguide.com/news/510/allegiant-air-announces-new-routes-to-hawaii/

Merlin likes this.
  2. Merlin
    Original Member

Merlin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great that these 18-20 year old former Britannia 757s still can be used to haul passenger and not end up Cola can heaven or hauling freight. These four 757s brings down the average age of the Allegiant fleet to just over 22 years.

icurhere2 likes this.
  3. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:
    Glad to see Allegiant enter the Hawaii market. I thought I read, somewhere, that they were going to start a LAS - HNL route too. They have a big presence from the Midwest to LAS, from PIA, non-stop. No, I wouldn't fly these old 'sardine' cans, (only UAL & AA) But, the lines at the ticket counter are always long at PIA for the LAS non-stop. The Allegiant buyers care only about one thing, and it ain't comfort. I'd just love to see lower fares to HNL and OGG from the Midwest, and this might help accomplish that. (I'm an OGG traveler, so bring it on.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    cvsara likes this.
  5. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope they are not a one shot operation and have the staying power. It might force the majors to lower fares.

6. savingrace

savingrace Silver Member

Status Points:
    We love Allegiant airlines because they base out of our small airport in western Colorado and fly non-stop to LAX or LAS. I flew with them one time, and my RT price from GJT - LAX was $39 one way, $89 returning. They do have fares all over the board, and they change on any given date at any given time. But my flight was pleasant, typical economy no-frills.

And it makes award travel much easier for us to start at LAX instead of stuck-in-the-middle-of-nowhere GJT. We will use Allegiant next March to get to LAX to start our award travel to OZ, if the award travel Gods are kind to me.

7. kw335
    Original Member

kw335 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps AS will match their BLI-HNL introductory fares :)