Haven't you heard? Wyndham overhauls loyalty programme [fascinating ideas abound]

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by uggboy, Apr 2, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wyndham overhauls loyalty programme

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't you heard?? More properties are going up in redemption cost than are going down.
    [​IMG]

And , on average, the value of points is going down with this change from what I can see.

Newscience and daninstl like this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    how you feel about this depends on how you feel about $~75 and cheaper chain hotel rooms. For the customer who typically stays at Wyndam properties already, and redeems at similar properties to where they pay cash? Likely a devaluation. To the person who picks and chooses when and where to spend, and favors the upper end of hotels Available? Probably a win.

This seems most potentially beneficial to people not loyal to wyndham (and worst for regular wyndham guests), and the value can easily be killed depending on availability.

flyingdawg, Newscience and daninstl like this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    From their website program description: "Not all Wyndham Rewards hotels participate in go fast Award program."

5. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do not see how that relates to the quoted material. We have no idea what the cash component of go fast will be, but I expect it will be more attractive at the low end. If the copays are low enough it could even negate the devaluation effect at the low end.

daninstl and satman40 like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been told more than once, sorry we do not participate in that program,

That is OK, I was just asking....

daninstl, uggboy and MX like this.