Have you seen the Hilton HHonors app that lets you pick out your hotel room before you get...

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Terry Yap, Oct 10, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    danielwood, mht_flyer and ACMM like this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Cool. Is this a different app? I would try it out.
    I have two Hilton stays next week so will try it out.

(Posted from my milepoint enabled iPhone)

mht_flyer likes this.
  3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sound cool:

4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could this be why my CC information is now captured and locked into my Hilton Honors account, and why I can't get it deleted from their website? I've never had my CC stay on any website after the transaction is concluded, and I'm not comfortable with it being on Hilton's since the last reservation that I made a week or two ago. Their delete button doesn't work, and changing the CC info to another number or dates still leaves the original captured one on the page after the submit button is pressed. I've got a HHonors rep working on the problem, as I'm not happy with my CC info remaining because of the frequent hacking and security problems on Hilton and many other sites. Hilton, it seems, has known of the CC problem for quite some time, but still hasn't corrected the "capture" issue.

5. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've used it twice. I really like the program because you can choose your room and it will make recommendations but also allow you to see all the available options. I've been able to get some nice rooms this way.

6. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    great to hear, especially good for families, to try to secure interconnecting or same floor rooms as well..

7. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    I will be checking in later to Hilton Waterfront at Huntington Beach for 4 nights. App tells me only 1 room available. I decided not to check in through the app.

Will try at the Doubletree booking for the 5th night.

8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great stuff, except that I would still need to check in physically because it would still be the best way to get suite upgrades. Now, if they also automated that then we'd be talking of a truly metaphysical leap in customer support automation...;)

blackjack-21 and Sammich like this.
  9. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent way to let others borrow status and get credit for your account through their stays.

Sammich likes this.
  10. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually I recall I was able to do this from my laptop for a recent trip to the SFO Financial District ... so this may not just be app related.

WilliamQ likes this.
  11. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I picked my own room on my last trip to NYC at thr HGI......when I actually got there the front desk clerk said it was a bad room and she suggested a different one. Worked out well as I ended up with a quiet room facing 8th ave (well as quiet as NYC can be I guess. :)

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

WilliamQ likes this.
  12. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great customer service :)

13. Photonerd71

Photonerd71 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely. They earned my repeat business. :)

Sent using a small piece of fruit.

14. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    As Photonerd71 found out, it may not always be the best way to check in, particularly if it's your first time at that property and not familiar with the room layout and placement. Last two recent stays for us had the opportunity to use the new advance checkin option, but I passed, preferring to still go to the front desk to inquire about upgrades and better located rooms. Sometimes dealing with a friendly and helpful front desk staff beats automation by a long way, and advance checkin may limit your upgrade chances.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  15. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I fully agree with this. Until such time as complimentary upgrades become confirmable ahead of time, no automated check-in for me. Suite upgrades are seldom automatic (on purpose, I am sure), so that despite my almost "flawless" suite upgrade record, only very few times have I gotten upgraded without asking.

blackjack-21 likes this.
  16. emrauld14

emrauld14 Member

Status Points:
    Hope that your problem will be resolve soon, if so can you please let me know how you did it as im also a hilton member too.