Have you installed Deal Finder 2.0?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by tom911, Aug 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    RichardInSF likes this.
  2. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Does it do more than expert flyer does?

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very different products. Deal Finder lets you store preferred routes, set a price point, and then get an alert if the fare drops below that for your set travel dates. It also lists the Netsaaver fares that are published each week, though haven't seen anything from SFO in months.

RichardInSF likes this.
  5. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, thanks.

6. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's giving me error on Startup!!! So much for a new deal finder. Lost the old one and can't operate the new one!!!

7. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had a few errors, but I'm guessing that's when AA is refusing connections to update the fares you select. It normally does that at startup. AA has already released an update (version 2.0.2) that installed this morning for me.

Kaanapali likes this.
  8. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    Giving it a shot myself, so far no problems, I cant say its the best tool out there, but definitely worth a look.

9. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Downloaded original 2.0 Sat. Sunday logged on and had 2.0.2 download. Had to re-enter data (did not save from 2.0 to 2.0.2). Will see if saved data and works tonight.

FYI to those considering this, downloading program comes with discount off future flight (not sure if the 15% discount I received with 2.0.2 is standard or tailored specifically for me). YMMV.

10. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never found any deals with the old one. :D. But a 15% discount may be worth the time.

11. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just got email from Aadvantage offering 15% discount coupon for downloading this program - so I suspect it is available to all whom download it :) (at least this week)

Dear Kaanapali,

"American Airlines is excited to announce the all new DealFinder 2.0 featuring a user friendly design, more search capabilities, and exclusive offers.

DealFinder is the customizable fare searching tool that you can download to your desktop, so you can easily have a personalized travel planning experience!

With DealFinder 2.0, you have access to:
    • Fare Search Alerts- Set up to 10 fare searches and DealFinder will alert you when your desired fare becomes available
    • News and Offers – Be among the first to know about the latest fare sales and news from AA.com
    • Exclusive Discounts – Receive exclusive offers tailored to your travel preferences
    Whether you are using a PC, Mac or Linux operating system, DealFinder gives you access to all American Airlines travel deals.

Download now and we'll send you a 15% off* code (*conditions apply) for your next flight in the Offers section of DealFinder.

Save time and gain more control over your travel planning with DealFinder. "

For those whom are wondering....code is limited to flights in continental 48 US......and is time limited

Full Conditions: "*To qualify, book your reservations on AA.com by 11:59 p.m. (CT) Friday, August 12, 2011, and travel September 6, 2011 through November 14, 2011. The 15% discount is valid on round-trip** travel, for up to four passengers between Newark, John F. Kennedy, and La Guardia airports and the US***. A Saturday night minimum stay and $200 minimum fare is required. Just enter the DealFinder promotion code and save! For additional terms and restrictions visit"

rwoman likes this.
  12. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't want it badly enough to have to use IE.

rwoman and Gargoyle like this.
  13. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't it pretty much a stand-alone piece of software? I don't use Internet Explorer, either.

lili likes this.
  14. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    It won't install with Firefox. TOBB has lots of people saying you must have IE because the company that designed it designed it that way. Maybe you just have to have IE on your computer and don't actually have to use the browser.

Gargoyle likes this.
  15. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    From TOBB thread

"Under the DealFinder FAQs at AA.com, it says that Internet Explorer is required in addition to Windows. IIRC, DealFinder and other Skinkers Classic desktop widgets use a mix of IE's Trident engine and the Adobe Flash Player (in IE/ActiveX control form as opposed to the NPAPI plugin that Firefox and Opera use) to deliver content."

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15936996-post127.html

So it looks like I need to install IE, but I don't have to actually use it. Good grief!

16. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They should make this an HTML5 app then I could use it on a ipad.

iolaire likes this.
  17. 7Continents
    Original Member

7Continents Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did it for the 15% which I was able to use for the flight I was about to book when I noticed it. Talk about fortuitous timing. Had to use search by schedule for the discount code to work but work it did..

18. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    15% discount and ticket paid for with Costco gift cards might make it worth installing IE :)

19. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    TXL is not recognized. :rolleyes: So - stupid question - but does dealfinder only work with AA metal? many European cities cannot be found - those cities all require a partner to get there. This doesn't seem likely as I didn't have the issues with version 1.

20. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Installation depends on you having Adobe AIR installed on your computer. Once i did that I could install with Firefox.

SpecialK, it doesn't recognize PVG either and that is all AA metal on the website. I have posted this on TOBB thread hoping Andy from AA who is monitoring the thread will get it fixed. You might want to post there also.

21. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I checked it out but it's clearly not ready for prime-time yet. I got popup alerts of new deals and when I clicked on them was told they had expired.

22. SpecialK
    Original Member

SpecialK Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah. thanks for the feedback. Will do.