Have You Forgotten The Simple Wonders of Travel?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Whenever I meet with fellow frequent fliers, I notice how much they are like children no matter their ages: filled with wonder; curious to explore; compiling a personal list of accomplishments which they not already have completed but also have yet to achieve. Like many businesses and industries, the frequent flier “game” — for lack of a better word, much as I dislike using it — of collecting miles and points while earning the highest level of elite status possible has arguably matured; and some might say it is well past its prime. Generally, frequent travel loyalty programs are more restrictive and complex than ever in the past 25 years; and yet the benefits have either been “enhanced” or have disappeared altogether. Enhanced. If I never heard that word again before I depart for that “last great flight”, it would not bother me in the least... ...but with that complexity of such things as frequent flier loyalty programs, airport security checkpoints and elite level status, sometimes you have to ask yourself: have you forgotten the simple wonders of travel? It... The post Have You Forgotten The Simple Wonders of Travel? appeared first on The Gate.

Continue reading...