have you ever seen SkyClub meeting rooms being used?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MalcoveMagnesia, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. MalcoveMagnesia
    Original Member

MalcoveMagnesia Silver Member

Status Points:
    ... for their intended purpose (i.e. biz meetings). Just a dumb trivia question I've been thinking about. The only time I ever see people in the meeting rooms are SkyClub staffers doing lunch breaks and I once found an unlocked one and was able to take an uninterrupted nap in it.

I suspect the reason they're not utilized more is because the rates aren't super friendly: along the lines of $100 an hour or so.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have had meetings in them several times, but I was never paying the bill.:)

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    They were also set up when anyone could get out to the club without a boarding pass or gate pass.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that if you reserve one for a meeting, they can arrange for gate passes for those who need them. However, it's still likely to be a hassle for people to stand in the correct line to pick up the gate pass and then stand in line again for security theater.

secretsea18 and ryandc99 like this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Correct.

I have used them for meetings ... Great if you have someone or a group flying in but are on a tough schedule...I find it a good compromise to go to the airport for the meeting versus having them come into manhattan, or me having to fly to see them. I've done this in LGA as well as at some sort of conf room in clt (not sure if it was the us air club or some other meeting room). It is a hassle to get the entry pass, but assuming you use the f queue, its not that bad.

Not sure if my pm status is supposed to let me use the f queue for sky club access, but to date ive not had an issue.

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It also works well sometimes if you want to have an "under the radar" meeting with someone without the gossip that would result from having them come to your premises. For instance, I've seen club conference rooms used for interviews with people who wanted their candidacy to be confidential.

7. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've been on search committees where we did interviews that were called "airport interviews" because at many places, they would be done at the airport in a conference room like that. However, we did them in the campus hotel (it's not really on campus) and smuggled the candidates in and out through the parking deck (one out stairwell A while the other was coming in stairwell B). This was presumably because of the hassle of getting a whole search committee to/from ATL (and past TSA if there were no conference rooms landside).

8. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also used them in the past for fly-in meetings where we had several folks traveling, or for meetings where we had two travelers and one/two folks from the hub city. Yes, you can get gate passes for folks. You can also get catering (or at least you used to....)

9. DYKWIA
    Original Member

DYKWIA Silver Member

Status Points:
    There have been times where the SC was so noisy and the call so important that I did book a room. I do think they will be phasing them out in favor of more seating/overall club space.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  10. DeltaExpert
    Original Member

DeltaExpert Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would rather see more space dedicated to general seating.

11. Frozentech
    Original Member

Frozentech Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have met several people who were doing job interviews in ATL SkyClub meeting rooms.

12. Travel2Food
    Original Member

Travel2Food Silver Member

Status Points:
    I seem to recall being one who had a job interview in one of those rooms at ATL CRC 10+ years ago.....